(2.) One of the chiefs of the tribe of Gad (1Ch 5:14).
(3.) A district in Arabia Petrea (Jer 25:23).
1. Second son of Milcah and Nahor, Abraham's brother (Ge 22:21). Kennel was the father of Aram, i.e. Syria. Elihu (Job 32:2) is called "the son of Barachal the Buzite, of the kindred of Ram" (i.e. Aram); he therefore probably was descended from Buz. The family settled in Arabia Deserta, for Jeremiah (Jer 25:23), in denouncing judgments against Buz, associates the tribe with Tema and Dedan.
2. The name also occurs in Gad's genealogy (1Ch 5:14).
1. The second son of Nahor and Milcah, and nephew of Abraham (Ge 22:21). Elihu, one of the friends of Job (Job 32:2), is called a Buzite, and may have belonged to a tribe of that name against which judgments are denounced by Jeremiah (Jer 25:23). 2. A man of the tribe of Gad (1Ch 5:14).
1. Son of Mileah and Nahor, Abraham's brother. Ge 22:21. The name of BAZU has been found in the Assyrian inscriptions, which is thought to refer to the settlement of Buz in Northern Arabia.
2. One of the tribe of Gad. 1Ch 5:14.
3. Name of a place supposed to be in Arabia. Jer 25:23.