(2.) One of the seven heads of the families of the Gadites (1Ch 5:13).
(3.) The oldest of the three sons of Elpaal the Benjamite (1Ch 8:12).
(4.) One of the heads of the familes of Benjamites in Jerusalem (1Ch 8:22).
(5.) The head of the priestly family of Amok in the time of Zerubbabel (Ne 12:20).
Son of Salah, great grandson of Shem (Ge 10:21-24; 1Ch 1:19; Nu 24:24, where the "Eber" whom "ships from Chittim shall afflict" represents not the Hebrew, but in general the western descendants of Shem, sprung from Arphaxad, Lud, and Aram; the posterity of Abraham who descended from Eber through Peleg, and also the descendants of Eber through Joktan. As "Asshur" represented the Shemites who dwelt in the far East, including Elam, so Eber represents the western Shemites.
2. Son of Elpaal, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:12.
3. Priest of the family of Amok. Ne 12:20. The same Hebrew word is sometimes translated HEBER in the A.V.
(the region beyond).
1. Son of Salah, and great-grandson of Shem.
(B.C. 2277-1813.) [For confusion between Eber and Heber see HEBER]
2. Son of Elpaal and descendant of Sharahaim of the tribe of Benjamin.
3. A priest in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua.