merciful. (1.) A Benjamite (1Ch 8:23). (2.) One of David's heroes (1Ch 11:43). (3.) Jer 35:4. (4.) A descendant of Saul (1Ch 8:38). (5.) One of the Nethinim (Ezr 2:46). (6.) One of the Levites who assisted Ezra (Ne 8:7). (7.) One of the chiefs who subscribed the covenant (Ne 10:22).
1. 1Ch 8:23.
3. 1Ch 11:43.
4. CHILDREN OF Hanan: Ezr 2:46.
6. Ezr 10:22.
7. Ezr 10:26.
8. Storekeeper of the tithes ("treasurer of the treasuries"), Ne 13:13, where priests, scribes, Levites, and laymen are represented.
9. Son of Igdaliah, "a man of God" (Jer 35:4), so reverenced that none would call in question what was transacted in his chamber.
1. One of the Levites who assisted Ezra in reading and explaining the Law to the people (Ne 8:7; in 1Es 9:48 Ananias); probably the same as the signatory to the covenant (Ne 10:10). 2. The son of Zaccur the son of Mattaniah, one of the four treasurers appointed by Neh. over the storehouses in which the tithes were kept (Ne 13:13). 3. A Benjamite chief (1Ch 8:23). 4. The youngest son of Azel, a descendant of Saul (1Ch 8:38 = 1Ch 9:44). 5. One of David's mighty men (1Ch 11:43). 6. The son of Igdaliah. His sons had a chamber in the Temple (Jer 35:4). 7. The head of a family of Nethinim who returned with Zerub. (Ezr 2:46; Ne 7:49); called Anan in 1Es 5:30. 8. 9. Two of 'the chiefs of the people' who sealed the covenant (Ne 10:22,26).
1. Son of Shashak, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:23.
3. Son of Maachah and one of David's mighty men. 1Ch 11:43.
9. Son of Zaccur and one of the 'treasurers.' (Apparently the four treasurers or store-keepers represented the priests, the scribes, the Levites, and the people.) Ne 13:13.
10. One whose sons had a chamber in the house of the Lord. Jer 35:4.
1. One of the chief people of the tribe of Benjamin.
2. The last of the six sons of Azel, a descendant of Saul.
3. "Son of Maachah," i.e. possibly a Syrian of Aram-maachah, one of the heroes of David's guard.
4. The sons of Hanan were among the Nethinim who returned from Babylon with Zerubbabel.
5. One of the Levites who assisted Ezra in his public exposition of the law.
(B.C. 446.) The same person is probably mentioned in ch.
6. One of the "heads" of "the people," who also sealed the covenant.
7. Another of the chief laymen on the same occasion.
8. Son of Zaccur, son of Mattaniah, whom Nehemiah made one of the store. keepers of the provisions collected as tithes.
9. Son of Igdaliah.