loosed of the Lord. (1.) The chief of one of the priestly courses (the nineteenth) in the time of David (1Ch 24:16). (2.) A Levite (Ezr 10:23). (3.) Ne 9:5. (4.) A descendant of Judah who had some office at the court of Persia (Ne 11:24).
1. 1Ch 24:16.
1. Head of the nineteenth priestly course. 1Ch 24:16.
2. Levite who had married a strange wife. Ezr 10:23.
3. Levite who called upon the people to bless Jehovah. Ne 9:5.
4. Son of Meshezabeel, a descendant of Judah: he was at the king of Persia's hand 'in all matters concerning the people.' Ne 11:24.
(freed by Jehovah).
1. A priest, over the nineteenth course in the reign of David.
2. A Levite in the time of Ezra, who had married a foreign wife.
He is probably the same who is mentioned in
3. The son of Meshezabeel, and descendant of Zerah.