Parts of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
TWOT Reference: TDNT 2:81
KJV Translation Count — 37x
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. to be a servant, attendant, domestic, to serve, wait upon
a. to minister to one, render ministering offices to
1. to be served, ministered unto
b. to wait at a table and offer food and drink to the guests,
1. of women preparing food
c. to minister i.e. supply food and necessities of life
1. to relieve one's necessities (e.g. by collecting alms), to provide take care of, distribute, the things necessary to sustain life
2. to take care of the poor and the sick, who administer the office of a deacon
3. in Christian churches to serve as deacons
d. to minister
1. to attend to anything, that may serve another's interests
2. to minister a thing to one, to serve one or by supplying any thing
dee-ak-on-eh'-o; from (1249) (διάκονος); to be an attendant, i.e. wait upon (menially or as a host, friend or [figurative] teacher); techn. to act as a Christian deacon: — (ad-) minister (unto), serve, use the office of a deacon.
Concordance Results Using KJV
Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and G1247ed G1247 him.
And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and G1247ed G1247 them.
Even as the Son of man came not to be G1247ed G1247, but to G1247, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not G1247 G1247 thee?
And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, G1247ing G1247 him:
And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels G1247ed G1247 him.
And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she G1247ed G1247 them.
For even the Son of man came not to be G1247ed G1247, but to G1247, and to give his life a ransom for many.
(Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and G1247ed G1247 him;) and many other women which came up with him G1247 Jerusalem.
And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and G1247ed G1247 them.