Parts of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
KJV Translation Count — 15x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Zimri (15)
Outline of Biblical Usage
imri = "my music"
n pr m
1. the son of Salu, a Simeonite chieftain, slain by Phinehas with the Midianitish princess Cozbi
2. 5th king of the northern kingdom, murderer of the king, Elah, who reigned for 7 days before he killed himself by setting the palace on fire and was replaced by the general of the army, Omri
3. one of the five sons of Zerah and grandson of Judah
4. son of Jehoadah and descendant of Saul
5. an obscure name mentioned in connection with 'the mingled people' in Jeremiah; may be same as 'Zimran'
Zimriy, zim-ree'; from 2167; musical; Zimri, the name of five Israelites, and of an Arabian tribe: — Zimri.
Concordance Results Using KJV
Now the name of the Israelite that was slain, even that was slain with the Midianitish woman, was H2174, the son of Salu, a prince of a chief house among the Simeonites.
And his servant H2174, captain of half his chariots, conspired against him, as he was in Tirzah, drinking himself drunk in the house of Arza steward of his house in Tirzah.
And H2174 went in and smote him, and killed him, in the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah, and reigned in his stead.
Thus did H2174 destroy all the house of Baasha, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake against Baasha by Jehu the prophet,
In the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah did H2174 reign seven days in Tirzah. And the people were encamped against Gibbethon, which belonged to the Philistines.
And the people that were encamped heard say, H2174 hath conspired, and hath also slain the king: wherefore all Israel made Omri, the captain of the host, king over Israel that day in the camp.
And it came to pass, when H2174 saw that the city was taken, that he went into the palace of the king's house, and burnt the king's house over him with fire, and died,
Now the rest of the acts of H2174, and his treason that he wrought, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
And as Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, Had H2174 peace, who slew his master?
And the sons of Zerah; H2174, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.