Obadyah; o-bad-yaw' or Obadyahuw
Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 20x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Obadiah (20)
Outline of Biblical Usage
badiah = "servant of Jehovah"
1. the 4th of the 12 minor prophets; nothing personal is known of him but it is probable that he was contemporary with Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel
a. the prophetic book by him; prophesies against Edom
2. father of Ishmaiah, one of the chiefs of Zebulun in the time of David
3. a Merarite Levite overseer of the work of restoring the temple in the time of king Josiah of Judah
4. chief of the household of king Ahab of Israel; an devout worshipper of Jehovah who at risk to his own life hid over 100 prophets during the persecution of Jezebel
5. a descendant of David
6. a chief of the tribe of Issachar
7. a Benjamite, one of the 6 sons of Azel and a descendant of king Saul
8. a Levite, son of Shemaiah and a descendant of Jeduthun
9. a Gadite chief, the 2nd of the lion-faced Gadites who joined David at Ziklag
10. a prince of Judah in the time of king Jehoshaphat of Judah
11. a priest, son of Jehiel of the sons of Joab who returned from exile with Ezra
12. a gatekeeper in the time of Nehemiah
13. one of the men who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
a. perhaps the same as 12
`Obadyah, o-bad-yaw'; or Obadyahuw, obad-yaw'-hoo; active participle of 5647 and 3050; serving Jah; Obadjah, the name of thirteen Israelites: — Obadiah.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And Ahab called H5662, which was the governor of his house. (Now H5662 feared the LORD greatly:
For it was so, when Jezebel cut off the prophets of the LORD, that H5662 took an hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water.)
And Ahab said unto H5662, Go into the land, unto all fountains of water, and unto all brooks: peradventure we may find grass to save the horses and mules alive, that we lose not all the beasts.
So they divided the land between them to pass throughout it: Ahab went one way by himself, and H5662 went another way by himself.
And as H5662 was in the way, behold, Elijah met him: and he knew him, and fell on his face, and said, Art thou that my lord Elijah?
So H5662 went to meet Ahab, and told him: and Ahab went to meet Elijah.
And the sons of Hananiah; Pelatiah, and Jesaiah: the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of H5662, the sons of Shechaniah.
And the sons of Uzzi; Izrahiah: and the sons of Izrahiah; Michael, and H5662, and Joel, Ishiah, five: all of them chief men.
And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and H5662, and Hanan. All these were the sons of Azel.
And H5662 the son of Shemaiah, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun, and Berechiah the son of Asa, the son of Elkanah, that dwelt in the villages of the Netophathites.