Parts of Speech
n pr loc
KJV Translation Count — 37x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Ramah (36), Ramath (1)
Outline of Biblical Usage
amah = "hill"
1. a town in Benjamin on the border of Ephraim about 5 miles (8 km) from Jerusalem and near to Gibeah
2. the home place of Samuel located in the hill country of Ephraim
3. a fortified city in Naphtali
4. landmark on the boundary of Asher, apparently between Tyre and Zidon
5. a place of battle between Israel and Syria
a. also 'Ramoth-gilead'
6. a place rehabited by the Benjamites after the return from captivity
Ramah, raw-maw'; the same as 7413; Ramah, the name of four places in Palestine: — Ramah.
Concordance Results Using KJV
Gibeon, and H7414, and Beeroth,
And all the villages that were round about these cities to Baalathbeer, H7414 of the south. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families.
And then the coast turneth to H7414, and to the strong city Tyre; and the coast turneth to Hosah; and the outgoings thereof are at the sea from the coast to Achzib:
And Adamah, and H7414, and Hazor,
And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between H7414 and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.
And he said unto his servant, Come, and let us draw near to one of these places to lodge all night, in Gibeah, or in H7414.
And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and returned, and came to their house to H7414: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the LORD remembered her.
And Elkanah went to H7414 to his house. And the child did minister unto the LORD before Eli the priest.
And his return was to H7414; for there was his house; and there he judged Israel; and there he built an altar unto the LORD.
Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto H7414,