'Compasses' in the Bible
The name of the first is Pison; that is it which compasses the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
And the name of the second river is Gihon; this is the same that compasses the whole land of Ethiopia.
And this border turns and compasses the side of the sea towards the Negev unto the mountain that is before Bethhoron towards the Negev, and it comes out at Kirjathbaal, which is Kirjathjearim, a city of the sons of Judah. This is the west quarter.
The carpenter stretcheth out a line; he marketh it out with a pencil; he shapeth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compasses, and shapeth it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man, to dwell in a house.
Ephraim compasses me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit; but Judah yet rules with God and is faithful with the saints.
- Compass (49 instances in 12 translations)
- Compassed (59 instances in 6 translations)
- Compassest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Compasseth (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Compassing (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Compassion (188 instances in 13 translations)
- Compassionate (35 instances in 12 translations)
- Compassionately (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Compassions (14 instances in 10 translations)
- Compassionsof (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Encompass (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Encompassed (28 instances in 9 translations)
- Encompasses (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Encompasseth (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Encompassing (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Encompassment (1 instance in 1 translation)