'Compasseth' in the Bible
The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
And the border compasseth it on the north side to Hannathon: and the outgoings thereof are in the valley of Jiphthahel:
and he goeth through the wilderness, and compasseth the land of Edom and the land of Moab, and cometh in at the rising of the sun of the land of Moab, and they encamp beyond Arnon, and have not come into the border of Moab, for Arnon is the border of Moab.
Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, When iniquity at my heels compasseth me about?
Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
- Compass (49 instances in 12 translations)
- Compassed (59 instances in 6 translations)
- Compasses (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Compassest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Compassing (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Compassion (188 instances in 13 translations)
- Compassionate (35 instances in 12 translations)
- Compassionately (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Compassions (14 instances in 10 translations)
- Compassionsof (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Encompass (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Encompassed (28 instances in 9 translations)
- Encompasses (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Encompasseth (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Encompassing (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Encompassment (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Compasseth (7 instances)