'Continued' in the Bible
And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehem of Judah. And they came into the fields of Moab and continued there.
So her sons married Moabite women. (One was named Orpah and the other Ruth.) And they continued to live there about ten years.
So they continued on until they reached Bethlehem. Now when the two of them arrived in Bethlehem, the entire town got excited at the news of their arrival and they asked one another, "Can this be Naomi?"
and she has said, I pray you, let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves; so she came and has continued from the morning until now except a short while that she was in the house.
Then Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, "May he be blessed by the Lord, who has not forsaken his kindness to the living or the dead." Naomi continued, "The man is a close relative. He is one of our family redeemers."
So Ruth continued to stay close to the young women who worked for Boaz, gathering grain until both the barley and wheat harvests were complete, all the while living with her mother-in-law.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Continual (69 instances in 13 translations)
- Continually (282 instances in 13 translations)
- Continuance (9 instances in 8 translations)
- Continuator (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Continue (338 instances in 13 translations)
- Continues (75 instances in 10 translations)
- Continuest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Continueth (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Continuing (39 instances in 12 translations)
- Continuity (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Continuous (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Continuously (83 instances in 7 translations)
- Discontinue (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Discontinued (1 instance in 1 translation)