'Laboring' in the Bible
For they all were trying to make us afraid by saying, "Their hands will become tired from laboring, so the work won't be completed." "Therefore, LORD, strengthen my hands!"
The appetite of the laboring man laboreth for him; For his mouth urgeth him thereto .
There was a certain man without a dependent, having neither a son nor a brother, yet there was no end to all his labor. Indeed, his eyes were not satisfied with riches and he never asked, “And for whom am I laboring and depriving myself of pleasure?” This too is vanity and it is a grievous task.
The sleep of a laboring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much; but the fulness of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
For this perfume might have been sold for more than three hundred denarii [a laborer’s wages for almost a year], and the money given to the poor.” And they scolded her.
In every way I’ve shown you that by laboring like this, it is necessary to help the weak and to keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, for He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
while you join in helping us by your prayers. Then thanks will be given by many persons on our behalf for the gracious gift [of deliverance] granted to us through the prayers of many [believers].
Working together with Him, we strongly urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain [by turning away from sound doctrine and His merciful kindness].
Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.
- Colaborer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Colaborers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Collaborate (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Collaborated (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Elaborate (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Elaborately (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Labor (210 instances in 9 translations)
- Labor-this (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Labored (35 instances in 9 translations)
- Laborer (17 instances in 8 translations)
- Laborer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Laborers (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Laborest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Laboreth (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Laborious (14 instances in 2 translations)
- Laboriously (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Labors (31 instances in 8 translations)