'Laboring' in the Bible
For they all were trying to make us afraid by saying, "Their hands will become tired from laboring, so the work won't be completed." "Therefore, LORD, strengthen my hands!"
The appetite of the laboring man laboreth for him; For his mouth urgeth him thereto .
There was a certain man without a dependent, having neither a son nor a brother, yet there was no end to all his labor. Indeed, his eyes were not satisfied with riches and he never asked, "And for whom am I laboring and depriving myself of pleasure?" This too is vanity and it is a grievous task.
The sleep of a laboring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much; but the fulness of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
For it was possible to have sold this [perfume] for more than 300 denarii [a laboring man's wages for a year] and to have given [the money] to the poor. And they censured and reproved her.
In every way I’ve shown you that by laboring like this, it is necessary to help the weak and to keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, for He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
While you also cooperate by your prayers for us [helping and laboring together with us]. Thus [the lips of] many persons [turned toward God will eventually] give thanks on our behalf for the grace (the blessing of deliverance) granted us at the request of the many who have prayed.
Laboring together [as God's fellow workers] with Him then, we beg of you not to receive the grace of God in vain [that merciful kindness by which God exerts His holy influence on souls and turns them to Christ, keeping and strengthening them -- "do not receive it to no purpose].
Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.
- Colaborer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Colaborers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Collaborate (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Collaborated (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Elaborate (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Elaborately (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Labor (210 instances in 9 translations)
- Labor-this (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Labored (35 instances in 9 translations)
- Laborer (17 instances in 8 translations)
- Laborer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Laborers (27 instances in 8 translations)
- Laborest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Laboreth (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Laborious (14 instances in 2 translations)
- Laboriously (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Labors (31 instances in 8 translations)