'Mate' in the Bible
You are to take with you seven pairs of every clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of the unclean animals, a male and its mate;
Whenever the more vigorous of the flock came into heat, Jacob would place the branches in the troughs in front of the flock to make them mate by the branches.
He said, ‘Look up and see, all the rams which are mating [with the flock] are streaked, speckled, and spotted; for I have seen all that Laban has been doing to you.
You are not to have sexual intercourse with any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.
If there is a woman who approaches any animal to mate with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
"Your own blood brother, your son, your daughter, your beloved wife, or your friend who is like your soul mate may entice you quietly. He may tell you, "Let's go and serve other gods,' (whom neither you nor your ancestors have known
There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.
Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Each man said to his mate, “Come, let us cast lots so we may learn on whose account this calamity has struck us.” So they cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah.
Where is this lion's den? Where is the place where the young lions fed, where the lion and its mate walked with their young, the place where they feared nothing?
This lion renders its prey to pieces to feed its whelps, and strangles enough prey for its mate, filling its lairs with prey and its dens with rendered flesh.
“For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with wrong and violence,” says the Lord of hosts. “Therefore keep watch on your spirit, so that you do not deal treacherously [with your wife].”
- Mat (13 instances in 7 translations)
- Matanza (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Match (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Matched (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Matches (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Matching (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Matchless (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Mated (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Material (84 instances in 10 translations)
- Materialize (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Materials (21 instances in 7 translations)
- Maternai (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Maternal (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Mates (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Maththat (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mating (4 instances in 7 translations)
- Matricides (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Matrix (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Mats (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Matsor (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Matter (380 instances in 12 translations)
- Mattered (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Matters (183 instances in 12 translations)
- Mattress (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Mattresses (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mature (22 instances in 8 translations)
- Matured (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Matures (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Maturing (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Maturity (25 instances in 9 translations)
- Matzor (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Abundance, Material
- Enjoyment, Material Things
- Inheritance, Material
- Interracial Marriage
- Life In A Material World
- Living For The Material
- Living Not For The Material
- Materialism, As An Aspect Of Sin
- Maternal Love
- Mixing Materials
- One Material Thing