'Two' in the Bible
Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehemjudah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.
And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehem-judah. And they came into the country of Moab, and continued there.
But Elimelech, who Naomi's husband, died, and she was left with her two sons.
And they took two women of Moab as their wives: the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth; and they went on living there for about ten years.
And Mahlon and Chilion came to their end; and the woman was without her two sons and her husband.
And she went out of the place where she was, and her two daughters-in-law with her; and they went on their way to go back to the land of Judah.
And Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, "Go, return each of you to her mother's house. May the LORD deal kindly with you as you have dealt with the dead and with me.
So the two walked until they came to Bethlehem. And it came to pass, entering into Bethlehem, that all the city was moved because of them, and they said, Is this Naomi?
And all the people at the gate and the elders said, We are witnesses. May the Lord make the woman who is coming into your house like Rachel and Leah, the two who built the household of Israel. May you do worthily and get wealth (power) in Ephratah and be famous in Bethlehem.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (81)
- Exodus (97)
- Leviticus (52)
- Numbers (107)
- Deuteronomy (29)
- Joshua (21)
- Judges (31)
- Ruth (9)
- 1 Samuel (45)
- 2 Samuel (24)
- 1 Kings (57)
- 2 Kings (40)
- 1 Chronicles (26)
- 2 Chronicles (30)
- Ezra (27)
- Nehemiah (31)
- Esther (4)
- Job (10)
- Psalm (10)
- Proverbs (7)
- Ecclesiastes (8)
- Song of Songs (6)
- Isaiah (15)
- Jeremiah (22)
- Ezekiel (35)
- Daniel (16)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (7)
- Micah (1)
- Zechariah (13)
- Malachi (1)
- Two-and-a-half (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Two-and-thirtieth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Two-drachma (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Two-edged (7 instances in 14 translations)
- Two-faced (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Two-horned (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Two-hundred (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Two-leaved (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Two-pronged (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Two-souled (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Two-tenth (11 instances in 2 translations)
- Two-tenths (11 instances in 4 translations)
- Two-thirds (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Two-year (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Twofold (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Twos (7 instances in 4 translations)