Parts of Speech
n pr m
Root Word (Etymology)
of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix)
TWOT Reference: TDNT 7:151
KJV Translation Count — 36x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Satan (36)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. adversary (one who opposes another in purpose or act), the name given to
a. the prince of evil spirits, the inveterate adversary of God and Christ
1. he incites apostasy from God and to sin
2. circumventing men by his wiles
3. the worshippers of idols are said to be under his control
4. by his demons he is able to take possession of men and inflict them with diseases
5. by God's assistance he is overcome
6. on Christ's return from heaven he will be bound with chains for a thousand years, but when the thousand years are finished he will walk the earth in yet greater power, but shortly after will be given over to eternal punishment
b. a Satan-like man
sat-an-as'; of Chaldee origin corresponding to (4566) (Σατα̑ν) (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil: — Satan.
Concordance Results Using KJV
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, G4567: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
And if G4567 cast out G4567, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, G4567: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of G4567; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can G4567 cast out G4567?
And if G4567 rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, G4567 cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, G4567: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, G4567: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
And he said unto them, I beheld G4567 as lightning fall from heaven.