Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 53x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Zadok (53)
Outline of Biblical Usage
adok = "righteous"
1. the high priest, son of Ahitub of the house of Eleazar the son of Aaron, and 11th in descent from Aaron; joined David after Saul's death and supported him against Absalom and Adonijah; anointed Solomon as king
2. a priest, son of Meraioth, father of Meshullam of the house of Ahitub; apparently a nephew of 1
3. father of Jerusha, the wife of king Uzziah and mother of king Jotham of Judah
4. son of Baana and repairer of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
5. son of Immer and repairer of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
6. a leader of the people in the time of Nehemiah
7. a scribe appointed by Nehemiah as one of the treasurers over the storehouse
8. a valiant warrior of the tribe of Benjamin who joined David at Hebron. Same as 1?
Tsadowq, tsaw-doke'; from 6663; just; Tsadok, the name of eight or nine Israelites: — Zadok.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And H6659 the son of Ahitub, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, were the priests; and Seraiah was the scribe;
And lo H6659 also, and all the Levites were with him, bearing the ark of the covenant of God: and they set down the ark of God; and Abiathar went up, until all the people had done passing out of the city.
And the king said unto H6659, Carry back the ark of God into the city: if I shall find favour in the eyes of the LORD, he will bring me again, and shew me both it, and his habitation:
The king said also unto H6659 the priest, Art not thou a seer? return into the city in peace, and your two sons with you, Ahimaaz thy son, and Jonathan the son of Abiathar.
H6659 therefore and Abiathar carried the ark of God again to Jerusalem: and they tarried there.
And hast thou not there with thee H6659 and Abiathar the priests? therefore it shall be, that what thing soever thou shalt hear out of the king's house, thou shalt tell it to H6659 and Abiathar the priests.
Behold, they have there with them their two sons, Ahimaaz H6659's son, and Jonathan Abiathar's son; and by them ye shall send unto me every thing that ye can hear.
Then said Hushai unto H6659 and to Abiathar the priests, Thus and thus did Ahithophel counsel Absalom and the elders of Israel; and thus and thus have I counselled.
Then said Ahimaaz the son of H6659, Let me now run, and bear the king tidings, how that the LORD hath avenged him of his enemies.
Then said Ahimaaz the son of H6659 yet again to Joab, But howsoever, let me, I pray thee, also run after Cushi. And Joab said, Wherefore wilt thou run, my son, seeing that thou hast no tidings ready?