'Cleaning' in the Bible
And anything which may be heated, is to go through the fire and be made clean; but in addition it is to be put in the water of cleaning: and anything which may not go through the fire is to be put in the water.
And Rechab and Baanah, the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, went out and came to the house of Ish-bosheth in the heat of the day, when he was resting in the middle of the day. Now the woman who kept the door was cleaning grain, and sleep overcame her.
And Araunah said to David, Let my lord the king take whatever seems right to him, and make an offering of it: see, here are the oxen for the burned offering, and the grain-cleaning instruments and the ox-yokes for wood:
And Ornan said to David, Take it, and let my lord the king do what seems right to him. See, I give you the oxen for burned offerings and the grain-cleaning instruments for fire-wood, and the grain for the meal offering; I give it all.
This is the way of a false wife; she takes food, and, cleaning her mouth, says, I have done no wrong.
when the LORD will have washed away the filth of the women of Zion, cleaning up Jerusalem's guilt by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of tempest.
At that time it will be said to this people and to Jerusalem, A burning wind from the open hilltops in the waste land is blowing on the daughter of my people, not for separating or cleaning the grain;
And I have sent a cleaning wind on them in the public places of the land; I have taken their children from them; I have given my people to destruction; they have not been turned from their ways.
And I will make the third part go through the fire, cleaning them as silver is made clean, and testing them as gold is tested: and they will make their prayer to me and I will give them an answer: I will say, It is my people; and they will say, The Lord is my God.
He will take his seat, testing and cleaning the sons of Levi, burning away the evil from them as from gold and silver; so that they may make offerings to the Lord in righteousness.
- Clean (325 instances in 14 translations)
- Cleaned (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Cleaner (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Cleaner's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Cleanness (10 instances in 11 translations)
- Cleanse (86 instances in 13 translations)
- Cleansed (95 instances in 13 translations)
- Cleanses (7 instances in 10 translations)
- Cleansest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Cleanseth (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Cleansing (54 instances in 13 translations)
- Faith-cleansed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unclean (414 instances in 14 translations)
- Uncleanness (67 instances in 13 translations)
- Uncleannesses (4 instances in 5 translations)