'Contentment' in the Bible
[Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment].
I am content in the circumference of his earth, and my contentment is with the sons of men.
Contentment is unto men to show mercy, but it is better to do it unto the poor than to the liar.
The fear of Yahweh leads to life, then contentment; he rests and will not be touched by trouble.
I am my beloved's, and with me he has his contentment.
I have experienced times of need and times of abundance. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of contentment, whether I go satisfied or hungry, have plenty or nothing.
But godliness with contentment is great gain.
You are jealous and covet [what others have] and your desires go unfulfilled; [so] you become murderers. [To hate is to murder as far as your hearts are concerned.] You burn with envy and anger and are not able to obtain [the gratification, the contentment, and the happiness that you seek], so you fight and war. You do not have, because you do not ask.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Content (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Contented (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Contenting (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Contention (42 instances in 13 translations)
- Contentions (22 instances in 11 translations)
- Contentious (15 instances in 12 translations)
- Contentiousness (2 instances in 2 translations)