'Heading' in the Bible
Get up now, resume your journey, heading for the Amorite hill country, to all its areas including the arid country, the highlands, the Shephelah, the Negev, and the coastal plain -- all of Canaan and Lebanon as far as the Great River, that is, the Euphrates.
When it was time to shut the city gate for the night, the men left. I don't know where they were heading. Chase after them quickly, for you have time to catch them!"
When he looked up and saw the traveler in the town square, the old man said, "Where are you heading? Where do you come from?"
The Levite said to him, "We are traveling from Bethlehem in Judah to the remote region of the Ephraimite hill country. That's where I'm from. I had business in Bethlehem in Judah, but now I'm heading home. But no one has invited me into their home.
So turning their backs on the men of Israel, they went in the direction of the waste land; but the fight overtook them; and those who came out of the town were heading them off and putting them to the sword.
The rest turned and ran toward the wilderness, heading toward the cliff of Rimmon. But the Israelites caught five thousand of them on the main roads. They stayed right on their heels all the way to Gidom and struck down two thousand more.
So they went up to the town. As they were heading for the middle of the town, Samuel was coming in their direction to go up to the high place.
So I went up at night by way of the valley and inspected the wall. Then heading back, I entered through the Valley Gate and returned.
You will hear a word spoken behind you, saying, "This is the correct way, walk in it," whether you are heading to the right or the left.
"Bring out your luggage, like you're packing to go into exile, and do this during the daytime while they're watching you. Later that evening, leave while they're watching you like someone heading into exile.
Instead, Jonah immediately headed off to Tarshish to escape from the commission of the Lord. He traveled to Joppa and found a merchant ship heading to Tarshish. So he paid the fare and went aboard it to go with them to Tarshish far away from the Lord.
Then they were willing to take Him on board, and at once the boat was at the shore where they were heading.
At that, Peter and the other disciple went out, heading for the tomb.
- Head (749 instances in 14 translations)
- Head-dress (23 instances in 3 translations)
- Head-dresses (12 instances in 8 translations)
- Head-men (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Head-priest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Head-stone (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Headache (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Headcount (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Headed (41 instances in 5 translations)
- Headfirst (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Headlands (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Headless (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Headlong (20 instances in 13 translations)
- Headquarters (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Heads (464 instances in 14 translations)
- Headship (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Headstreams (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Headstrong (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Headwaiter (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Headwaters (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Headway (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Heady (1 instance in 2 translations)