'Licence' in the Bible
And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying,
To whom I answered, It is not the manner of the Romans to deliver any man to die, before that he which is accused have the accusers face to face, and have licence to answer for himself concerning the crime laid against him.
For you have given time enough in the past to the doing of the things which the Gentiles delight in-- pursuing, as you did, a course of habitual licence, debauchery, hard drinking, noisy revelry, drunkenness and unholy image-worship.
- Lice (5 instances in 8 translations)
- License (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Licentious (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Licentiousness (10 instances in 8 translations)
- Lick (9 instances in 13 translations)