'Pretence' in the Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.
who devour the houses of the widows, and for a pretence make long prayers, these shall receive more abundant judgment.'
And the sailors seeking to flee out of the ship, and having let down the boat to the sea, in pretence as if out of the foreship they are about to cast anchors,
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
- Pretend (15 instances in 7 translations)
- Pretended (19 instances in 8 translations)
- Pretender (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Pretenders (13 instances in 3 translations)
- Pretending (10 instances in 9 translations)
- Pretends (5 instances in 6 translations)
- Pretense (13 instances in 5 translations)
- Pretenses (1 instance in 1 translation)