'Sanction' in the Bible
And when a hostile movement was made by both Gentiles and Jews, with the sanction of their magistrates, to maltreat and stone them,
Let every person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God's appointment.
As for you and your faith, keep your faith to yourself in the presence of God. The man is to be congratulated who does not pronounce judgement on himself in what his actions sanction.
Do not be in a hurry in the laying on of hands [giving the sanction of the church too hastily in reinstating expelled offenders or in ordination in questionable cases], nor share or participate in another man's sins; keep yourself pure.
- Sanctification (15 instances in 13 translations)
- Sanctified (124 instances in 13 translations)
- Sanctifier (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Sanctifies (17 instances in 10 translations)
- Sanctifieth (21 instances in 3 translations)