'Scare' in the Bible
Your corpses will be food for all the birds of the sky and the wild animals of the land, with no one to scare them away.
They called out loudly in the Judahite dialect to the people of Jerusalem who were on the wall, trying to scare and terrify them so they could seize the city.
All of them were wanting to scare us, supposing, "Their hands will grow slack from the work, and it won't get done." So now, strengthen my hands!
He had been hired to scare me so that I would do this and thereby sin. They would thus bring reproach on me and I would be discredited.
Remember, O my God, Tobiah and Sanballat in light of these actions of theirs -- also Noadiah the prophetess and the other prophets who were trying to scare me!
They were telling me about his good deeds and then taking back to him the things I said. Tobiah, on the other hand, sent letters in order to scare me.
then you scare me with dreams and terrify me with visions,
Persist in trusting your amulets and your many incantations, which you have faithfully recited since your youth! Maybe you will be successful -- maybe you will scare away disaster.
- Scar (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Scarce (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Scarcely (15 instances in 10 translations)
- Scarceness (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Scarcer (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Scarcity (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Scarecrow (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Scarecrows (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Scared (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Scares (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Scarest (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Scarfs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Scarlet (53 instances in 12 translations)
- Scarlet-colored (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Scarlet-colour (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Scarlet-coloured (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Scars (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Scary (1 instance in 1 translation)