'Thanking' in the Bible
He appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord and to profess [God’s name] and to thank and praise the Lord, the God of Israel:
They are to take their stand morning by morning, thanking and praising the LORD right through until the evening,
It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;
Thee, O God of my fathers, I am thanking and praising, for wisdom and might Thou hast given to me; and now, Thou hast caused me to know that which we have sought from Thee, for the king's matter Thou hast caused us to know.'
At once Zacharias’ mouth was opened and his tongue freed, and he began speaking, praising and blessing and thanking God.
He immediately stood up before them, picked up his stretcher, and went home glorifying and praising God.
One of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, glorifying and praising and honoring God with a loud voice;
- Thank (85 instances in 12 translations)
- Thank-offering (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Thank-offerings (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Thanked (18 instances in 10 translations)
- Thankful (18 instances in 12 translations)
- Thankfully (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Thankfulness (9 instances in 12 translations)