'Wag' in the Bible
All who see me sneer at me;They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
So they shall be made to stumble, their own tongue being against them: All that see them shall wag the head.
I also have become a reproach to them;When they see me, they wag their head.
To make their land desolate, and a perpetual hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished, and wag his head.
For was not Israel a laughingstock to you? Was he caught among thieves? For whenever you speak of him you shake your head in scorn.
All that pass by clap their hands at thee; they hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem, saying, Is this the city that men call The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth?
This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.
- Wage (69 instances in 9 translations)
- Waged (16 instances in 4 translations)
- Wager (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Wages (65 instances in 12 translations)
- Wagged (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Waggest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Wagging (2 instances in 6 translations)