'Worked' in the Bible
Adonijah sacrificed sheep, oxen, and fatted cattle by the Serpent Stone near En-rogel, inviting all of his relatives, the king's sons, and all of the men of Judah who worked for the king,
And it came to the ears of Adonijah and all the guests who were with him, when their meal was ended. And Joab, hearing the sound of the horn, said, What is the reason of this noise as if the town was worked up?
And Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet put the holy oil on him and made him king in Gihon; and they came back from there with joy, and the town was all worked up. This is the noise which has come to your ears.
He sent 10,000 men to Lebanon in shifts lasting one month. They worked one month in Lebanon for every two months they worked at home. Adoniram was placed in charge of the conscripted labor.
The king commanded, and they cut out great stones, costly stones, to lay the foundation of the house with worked stone.
As a result, Solomon's builders worked with Hiram's builders, accompanied by the Gebalites, to quarry the stone and to prepare the timber and other stone for the Temple's construction.
It was a handbreadth thick: and its brim was worked like the brim of a cup, like the flower of a lily: it held two thousand baths.
Hiram made the basins, and the shovels, and the basins. So Hiram made an end of doing all the work that he worked for king Solomon in the house of Yahweh:
Thus all the work that king Solomon worked in the house of Yahweh was finished. Solomon brought in the things which David his father had dedicated, [even] the silver, and the gold, and the vessels, and put them in the treasuries of the house of Yahweh.
while King Rehoboam conferred with his advisors who had worked for his father Solomon during his administration. He asked them, "What is your advice as to how I should respond to these people?"
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (10)
- Exodus (22)
- Leviticus (2)
- Numbers (4)
- Deuteronomy (5)
- Joshua (4)
- Judges (8)
- Ruth (3)
- 1 Samuel (4)
- 2 Samuel (3)
- 1 Kings (11)
- 2 Kings (6)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (15)
- Nehemiah (35)
- Esther (1)
- Job (1)
- Psalm (12)
- Proverbs (1)
- Ecclesiastes (10)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (12)
- Jeremiah (8)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (6)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (2)
- Jonah (1)
- Haggai (1)
- Work (1109 instances in 14 translations)
- Work's (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Worker (74 instances in 14 translations)
- Worker's (9 instances in 4 translations)
- Workers (122 instances in 14 translations)
- Workest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Worketh (50 instances in 4 translations)
- Workfellow (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Working (275 instances in 14 translations)
- Working-days (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Workings (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Workload (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Workman (25 instances in 12 translations)
- Workman's (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Workmanship (20 instances in 11 translations)
- Workmen (59 instances in 14 translations)
- Workmen's (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Works (435 instances in 14 translations)