'High Priest' in the Bible
Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.
and He said, "The Son of Man must suffer much cruelty, be rejected by the Elders and High Priests and Scribes, and be put to death, and on the third day be raised to life again."
And day after day He taught in the Temple, while the High Priests and the Scribes were devising some means of destroying Him, as were also the leading men of the people.
On one of those days while He was teaching the people in the Temple and proclaiming the Good News, the High Priests came upon Him, and the Scribes,
At this the Scribes and the High Priests wanted to lay hands on Him, then and there; only they were afraid of the people. For they saw that in this parable He had referred to them.
and the High Priests and the Scribes were contriving how to destroy Him. But they feared the people.
He went and conferred with the High Priests and Commanders as to how he should deliver Him up to them.
And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
Then Jesus said to the High Priests and Commanders of the Temple and Elders, who had come to arrest Him, "Have you come out as if to fight with a robber, with swords and cudgels?
Then took they him, and led him, and brought him into the high priest's house. And Peter followed afar off.
As soon as it was day, the whole body of the Elders, both High Priests and Scribes, assembled. Then He was brought into their Sanhedrin, and they asked Him,
Pilate said to the High Priests and to the crowd, "I can find no crime in this man."
Meanwhile the High Priests and the Scribes were standing there and vehemently accusing Him.
Then calling together the High Priests and the Rulers and the people, Pilate said,
And they cried with loud voice, and required that he might be crucified. And the voice of them and of the high priests prevailed.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Chief Priest (158 instances in 34 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Place (185 instances in 24 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Priest Forever (9 instances in 24 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- A Kingdom Of Priests
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Aaron, Priestly Responsibilities
- Anointing Priests
- Chief priests
- Christ, The High Priest
- Corrupt Priests
- Covenant, God's with Israel's priests
- Deposed Priests
- Few Priests
- Food For Priests Defined
- God On High
- Heads Of Priestly Households
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Jesus Christ, Priesthood
- Killing Priests
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Priesthood, In Nt
- Priesthood, In Ot
- Priestly Inheritance
- Priests Atoning
- Priests Garments
- Priests In Action
- Priests Possessing
- Priests, Function In Ot Times
- Priests, Institution In Ot Times
- Priests, Tasks In Nt Times
- Priests, Types Of In Nt Times
- Royal Priesthood
- Sacrificing On The High Places
- The Chief Priests Condemning Christ
- The Chief Priests Convened
- The Most High
- Things On High
- Unnamed Priests
- Teachers Of The Law
- Christ Would Be Killed
- Opposition To Christ From Scribes
- 10 more topics on High
- 25 more topics on Priest