'Die by the Sword' in the Bible
Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine:
So let their children die of starvation. Let them be cut down by the sword. Let their wives lose their husbands and children. Let the older men die of disease and the younger men die by the sword in battle.
In this place I will thwart the plans of the people of Judah and Jerusalem. I will deliver them over to the power of their enemies who are seeking to kill them. They will die by the sword at the hands of their enemies. I will make their dead bodies food for the birds and wild beasts to eat.
For the Lord says, 'I will make both you and your friends terrified of what will happen to you. You will see all of them die by the swords of their enemies. I will hand all the people of Judah over to the king of Babylon. He will carry some of them away into exile in Babylon and he will kill others of them with the sword.
He that abideth in this city shall die by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence: but he that goeth out, and falleth to the Chaldeans that besiege you, he shall live, and his life shall be unto him for a prey.
Why will you and your people die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, as the Lord has spoken concerning any nation that will not serve the king of Babylon?
Yet hear the word of the LORD, O Zedekiah king of Judah; Thus saith the LORD of thee, Thou shalt not die by the sword:
Thus saith the LORD, He that remaineth in this city shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence: but he that goeth forth to the Chaldeans shall live; for he shall have his life for a prey, and shall live.
So shall it be with all the men that set their faces to go into Egypt to sojourn there; they shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence: and none of them shall remain or escape from the evil that I will bring upon them.
Now therefore know certainly that ye shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, in the place whither ye desire to go and to sojourn.
And I will take the remnant of Judah, that have set their faces to enter into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, and they shall all be consumed: in the land of Egypt shall they fall; they shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, from the least even unto the greatest; they shall die by the sword and by the famine, and they shall be an execration, an astonishment, and a curse, and a reproach.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- All Who Take the Sword (1 instance in 6 translations)
- By the Sword (136 instances in 37 translations)
- Curse God and Die (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Deserve To Die (9 instances in 12 translations)
- Deserves to Die (5 instances in 10 translations)
- Die for His Own Sin (4 instances in 15 translations)
- Die For His Sin (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Die for the People (5 instances in 37 translations)
- Die in His Iniquity (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Die in Peace (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Die in the Wilderness (6 instances in 17 translations)
- Die in Your Sins (2 instances in 35 translations)
- Die to the Lord (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Double-Edged Sword (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Edge of the Sword (37 instances in 36 translations)
- Fall Before You By The Sword (2 instances in 15 translations)
- Fall by the Sword (35 instances in 21 translations)
- Flaming Sword (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Perish by the Sword (5 instances in 27 translations)
- Sharp Two-Edged Sword (3 instances in 23 translations)
- Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Smite With The Sword (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Strike with the Sword (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Sword of My Mouth (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword of the Lord (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Sword of the Spirit (1 instance in 33 translations)
- Sword Shall Never Depart (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Time to Die (4 instances in 21 translations)
- To Die is Gain (1 instance in 22 translations)
- Tongue Like a Sword (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Two-Edged Sword (7 instances in 33 translations)
- Why Will You Die (3 instances in 8 translations)
- With The Sword (167 instances in 40 translations)
- Worm Does Not Die (4 instances in 11 translations)
- Worthy To Die (6 instances in 11 translations)