befriended. (1.) One of the chief Gadites in Bashan in the time of Jotham (1Ch 5:13).
(2.) Grandfather of Shaphan, "the scribe," in the reign of Josiah (2Ki 22:3).
(4.) A Levite of the family of Kohath (2Ch 34:12), in the reign of Josiah.
(5.) 1Ch 8:17.
(6.) 1Ch 3:19.
(7.) Ne 12:13.
(8.) A chief priest (Ne 12:16).
(9.) One of the leading Levites in the time of Ezra (Ezr 8:16).
(10.) A priest (1Ch 9:12).
(11.) One of the principal Israelites who supported Ezra when expounding the law to the people (Ne 8:4).
1. 2Ki 22:3.
2. 1Ch 3:19.
4. 1Ch 8:17.
6. Ne 9:8.
9. 2Ch 34:12.
10. A chief sent by Ezra (Ezr 8:16-21, etc.) to Iddo to gather Levites to join the caravan returning to Jerusalem.
11. Ezr 10:15.
12. Ezr 10:29.
14. Ne 3:6.
15. Ne 8:4.
18. Ne 12:13.
19. Ne 12:16.
21. Ne 12:33.
1. 2. 3. Three Benjamites (1Ch 8:17; 9:7,3). 4. A Gadite (1Ch 5:13). 5. The grandfather of Shaphan (2Ki 22:3). 6. The father of Hilkiah (1Ch 9:11). 7. Another priest of the same family (1Ch 9:12). 8. A Kohathite (2Ch 34:12). 9. A son of Zerubbabel (1Ch 3:19). 10. One of the 'chief men' whose services were enlisted by Ezra to procure Levites (Ezr 8:16); called in 1Es 8:44 Mosollamus. 11. A Levite who opposed Ezra's proceedings in connexion with the foreign marriages (Ezr 10:15); called in 1Es 9:14 Mosollamus. 12. One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezr 10:29); called in 1Es 9:30 Olamus. 13. Son of Berechiah, one of those who helped to repair the walls of Jerusalem (Ne 3:4,30). His daughter was married to Tobiah (Ne 6:18). 14. Son of Besodeiah. He helped to repair the old gate (Ne 3:5). 15. One of the company that stood at Ezra's left hand during the reading of the Law (Ne 8:4). 16, 17. A priest and a chief of the people who sealed the covenant (Ne 10:7,20). 18. One of the princes of Judah who marched in procession at the dedication of the walls of Jerusalem (Ne 12:33). 19, 20, 21. Two heads of priestly houses and a porter in the time of the high priest Joiakim (Ne 12:13,16,25 [see Meshelemiah]).
1. Grandfather of Shaphan the scribe. 2Ki 22:3.
2. Son of Zerubbabel. 1Ch 3:19.
3. Head of a Gadite family. 1Ch 5:13.
4. Son of Elpaal, a Benjamite. 1Ch 8:17.
6. Son of Shephathiah, a Benjamite. 1Ch 9:8.
8. Son of Meshillemith, a priest. 1Ch 9:12.
9. Kohathite who superintended the repairs of the temple. 2Ch 34:12.
13. One who had married a strange wife. Ezr 10:29.
16. Priest who sealed the covenant. Ne 10:7.
17. A chief of the people who sealed the covenant. Ne 10:20.
20. A chief among the Levites. Ne 12:25.
21. One who assisted at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. Ne 12:33.
1. Ancestor of Shaphan the scribe.
2. The son of Zerubbabel.
3. A Gadite in the reign of Jotham king of Judah.
4. A Benjamite, of the sons of Elpaal.
5. A Benjamite, father of Sallu.
6. A Benjamite who lived at Jerusalem after the captivity.
7. The same as Shallum, who was high priest probably in the reign of Amon, and father of Hilkiah.
8. A priest, son of Meshillemith or Meshillemoth the son of Immer, and ancestor of Maasiai or Amashai.
comp. Nehe 11:13
9. A Kohathite or a family of Kohathite Levites, in the reign of Josiah.
10. One of the "heads" sent by Ezra to Iddo, "the head," to gather together the Levites to join the caravan about to return to Jerusalem.
11. A chief man who assisted Ezra in abolishing the marriages which some of the people had contracted with foreign wives.
12. One of the descendants of Bani, who had married a foreign wife and put her away.
The son of Berechiah, who assisted in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem.
14. The son of Besodeiah: he assisted Jehoiada the son of Paseah in restoring the old gate of Jerusalem.
15. One of those who stood at the left hand of Ezra when he read the law to the people.
16. A priest or family of priests who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah.
17. One of the heads of the people who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah.
18. A priest in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua, and representative of the house of Ezra.
19. Also a priest at the same time as the preceding, and head of the priestly family of Ginnethon.
20. A family of porters, descendants of Meshullam,
who is also called Meshelemiah,
21. One of the princes of Judah at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem.