2. 1Ch 3:19.
5. Son of Shimei, a Gershonite (1Ch 23:9). The Gershonites numbered nine fathers' houses, six named after Laadan, and three after Shimei. The three sons of Laadan (1Ch 23:8) and the three of Shimei (1Ch 23:9, descended from Libni and not elsewhere named) were heads of the fathers' houses of Laadan. The Shimei in 1Ch 23:9 is distinct from the Shimei in 1Ch 23:7. The sons of the Shimei in 1Ch 23:7 are not enumerated until 1Ch 23:10. Laadan and Shimei are not named in 1Ch 23:7 as being sons of Gershon, but as founders of the two chief lilies of the Gershonites.
6. Ezr 8:10; but Septuagint read "of the sons of Bani, Shelomith the son of Josiphiah."
1. The mother of the man who was stoned to death for having blasphemed 'the Name' (Le 24:11). 2. Daughter of Zerubbabel (1Ch 3:19). 3. One of the 'sons of Izhar' (1Ch 23:18, called in 1Ch 24:22 Shelomoth). 4. A son of Rehoboam (2Ch 11:20). 5. A family which returned with Ezra (Ezr 8:10 [1Es 8:36 Salimoth]).
1. Daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. Le 24:11. Her son blasphemed the name of Jehovah and was stoned to death.
2. Daughter of Zerubbabel. 1Ch 3:19.
3. Son of Shimei, a Gershonite. 1Ch 23:9.
6. Son or daughter of Rehoboam. 2Ch 11:20.
7. Ancestor of some who returned from exile. Ezr 8:10.
1. The daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan.
2. The daughter of Zerubbabel.
(B.C. after 536.)
3. Chief of the Izharites.
4. A descendant of Eliezer the son of Moses, in the reign of David.
5. A Gershonite.
6. One whose sons returned from Babylon with Ezra.