Parts of Speech
TWOT Reference: TDNT 1:527
KJV Translation Count — 82x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: cast out (45), cast (11), bring forth (3), pull out (3), send forth (3), misc (17)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. to cast out, drive out, to send out
a. with notion of violence
1. to drive out (cast out)
2. to cast out
a. of the world, i.e. be deprived of the power and influence he exercises in the world
b. a thing: excrement from the belly into the sink
3. to expel a person from a society: to banish from a family
4. to compel one to depart; to bid one depart, in stern though not violent language
5. so employed that the rapid motion of the one going is transferred to the one sending forth
a. to command or cause one to depart in haste
6. to draw out with force, tear out
7. with implication of force overcoming opposite force
a. to cause a thing to move straight on its intended goal
8. to reject with contempt, to cast off or away
b. without the notion of violence
1. to draw out, extract, one thing inserted in another
2. to bring out of, to draw or bring forth
3. to except, to leave out, i.e. not receive
4. to lead one forth or away somewhere with a force which he cannot resist
ek-bal'-lo; from (1537) (ἐκ) and (906) (βάλλω); to eject (literal or figurative): — bring forth, cast (forth, out), drive (out), expel, leave, pluck (pull, take, thrust) out, put forth (out), send away (forth, out).
Concordance Results Using KJV
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me G1544 G1544 the mote G1544 of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first G1544 G1544 the beam G1544 of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to G1544 G1544 the mote G1544 of thy brother's eye.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have G1544 G1544 devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
But the children of the kingdom shall be G1544 G1544 into G1544er darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he G1544 G1544 the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
So the devils besought him, saying, If thou G1544 us G1544, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
But when the people were put G1544, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.
And when the devil was G1544 G1544, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
But the Pharisees said, He G1544eth G1544 devils through the prince of the devils.
Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will G1544 G1544 labourers into his harvest.