Parts of Speech
Root Word (Etymology)
a primitive root
TWOT Reference: 1637
KJV Translation Count — 521x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: stood (171), stand (137), (raise, stand...) up (42), set (32), stay (17), still (15), appointed (10), standing (10), endure (8), remain (8), present (7), continue (6), withstand (6), waited (5), establish (5), misc (42)
Outline of Biblical Usage
1. to stand, remain, endure, take one's stand
1. to stand, take one's stand, be in a standing attitude, stand forth, take a stand, present oneself, attend upon, be or become servant of
2. to stand still, stop (moving or doing), cease
3. to tarry, delay, remain, continue, abide, endure, persist, be steadfast
4. to make a stand, hold one's ground
5. to stand upright, remain standing, stand up, rise, be erect, be upright
6. to arise, appear, come on the scene, stand forth, appear, rise up or against
7. to stand with, take one's stand, be appointed, grow flat, grow insipid
1. to station, set
2. to cause to stand firm, maintain
3. to cause to stand up, cause to set up, erect
4. to present (one) before (king)
5. to appoint, ordain, establish
c. (Hophal) to be presented, be caused to stand, be stood before
`amad, aw-mad'; a primitive root; to stand, in various relations (literal and figurative, intransitive and transitive): — abide (behind), appoint, arise, cease, confirm, continue, dwell, be employed, endure, establish, leave, make, ordain, be (over), place, (be) present (self), raise up, remain, repair, + serve, set (forth, over, -tle, up), (make to, make to be at a, with-) stand (by, fast, firm, still, up), (be at a) stay (up), tarry.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and H5975 it before them; and he H5975 by them under the tree, and they did eat.
And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham H5975 yet before the LORD.
And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither H5975 thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.
And Abraham gat H5975 early in the morning to the place where he H5975 before the LORD:
And it came to pass, when he saw the earring and bracelets H5975on his sister's hands, and when he heard the words of Rebekah his sister, saying, Thus spake the man unto me; that he came unto the man; and, behold, he H5975 by the camels at the well.
And he said, Come in, thou blessed of the LORD; wherefore H5975est thou without? for I have prepared the house, and room for the camels.
And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing.
When Leah saw that she had left bearing, she took Zilpah her maid, and gave her Jacob to wife.
And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he H5975 by the river.
And, behold, seven other kine came H5975 after them out of the river, ill favoured and leanfleshed; and H5975 by the other kine H5975on the brink of the river.