'Characteristic' in the Bible
Throughout each and every province where the king's edict and law were announced there was considerable mourning among the Jews, along with fasting, weeping, and sorrow. Sackcloth and ashes were characteristic of many.
You are of your father, the devil, and it is your will to practice the lusts and gratify the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a falsehood, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar [himself] and the father of lies and of all that is false.
For godly grief and the pain God is permitted to direct, produce a repentance that leads and contributes to salvation and deliverance from evil, and it never brings regret; but worldly grief (the hopeless sorrow that is characteristic of the pagan world) is deadly [breeding and ending in death].
- Abraham, Characteristics Of
- Access To God, The Characteristics Of
- Anger, Characteristic Of Fools
- Characteristics Of Pharisees
- Election, Characteristics Of
- False Teachers, Characteristics Of
- Famine, Characteristics Of
- Fools, Characteristics Of
- Kingdom Of God, Characteristics Of
- Pride, Characteristics