'Chiefest' in the Bible
Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
And Samuel took Saul and his servant, and brought them into the parlour, and made them sit in the chiefest place among them that were bidden, which were about thirty persons.
Now a certain man of the servants of Saul was there that day, detained before the LORD; and his name was Doeg, an Edomite, the chiefest of the herdmen that belonged to Saul.
And Hezekiah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the chiefest of the sepulchres of the sons of David: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem did him honour at his death. And Manasseh his son reigned in his stead.
My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.
And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.
I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.
- Chief (748 instances in 13 translations)
- Chief-messenger (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Chief-priest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Chiefly (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Chiefs (235 instances in 12 translations)
- Chieftain (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Chieftains (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Commander-in-chief (26 instances in 2 translations)
- Commanders-in-chief (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handkerchief (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Handkerchiefs (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Kerchief (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Kerchiefs (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Mischief (72 instances in 10 translations)
- Mischief-maker (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Mischief-makers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mischiefs (6 instances in 5 translations)