'Compete' in the Bible
Then Abner said to Joab, "Let's have the young men get up and compete in front of us." "Let them get up," Joab replied.
If you have raced with runners and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in a peaceful land, what will you do in the thickets of the Jordan?
Do you not know that all the runners in a stadium compete, but only one receives the prize? So run to win.
Compete well for the faith and lay hold of that eternal life you were called for and made your good confession for in the presence of many witnesses.
- Competed (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Competence (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Competency (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Competent (12 instances in 8 translations)
- Competently (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Competes (2 instances in 7 translations)