'Hands' in the Bible
Jerusalem [earnestly] remembers in the days of her affliction, in the days of her [compulsory] wanderings and her bitterness, all the pleasant and precious things that she had from the days of old. When her people fell into and at the hands of the adversary, and there was none to help her, the enemy [gloated as they] looked at her, and they mocked at her desolations and downfall.
The adversary seized in his hands everything she valued. She watched the nations enter her sanctuary; those you forbade to enter your place of meeting.
Nun The yoke of my rebellions is bound in his hand; they are wreathed and come up upon my neck; he has made my strength to fall; the Lord has delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up.
Zion spreads out her hands; no one is there to comfort her. The LORD has issued an order against Jacob, that all who are around him are to be his enemies; Jerusalem has become unclean among them.
The Lord has rejected his altar; he has rejected his sanctuary; he has delivered into the hands of the enemy the walls of its citadel fortresses. They have cried out in the house of Yahweh like a day of an appointed feast.
All who go by make a noise with their hands at you; they make hisses, shaking their heads at the daughter of Jerusalem, and saying, Is this the town which was the crown of everything beautiful, the joy of all the earth?
Get up and cry aloud in the night, at the beginning of every hour. Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord! Lift up your hands toward him for the lives of your children, who are fainting away at every street corner.
See, O Jehovah, and behold to whom thou hast done thus! Shall the women eat their fruit, the children that are dandled in the hands? Shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?
Let us lift up our heart with our hands to God in the heavens.
Render to them a recompense, O Lord, according to the work of their hands.
The sons of Zion, so precious, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!
For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.
(Yod) The hands of tenderhearted women cooked their own children, who became their food, when my people were destroyed.
We have given our hands to the Egyptians and to the Assyrians so that we might have enough bread.
Slaves rule over us; no one rescues [us] from their hands.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (35)
- Exodus (34)
- Leviticus (26)
- Numbers (19)
- Deuteronomy (56)
- Joshua (24)
- Judges (62)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (54)
- 2 Samuel (27)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (41)
- 1 Chronicles (18)
- 2 Chronicles (46)
- Ezra (13)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (9)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (85)
- Proverbs (27)
- Ecclesiastes (14)
- Song of Songs (5)
- Isaiah (51)
- Jeremiah (82)
- Lamentations (16)
- Ezekiel (44)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (6)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (8)
- Malachi (4)
- Hand (1873 instances in 14 translations)
- Hand's (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Hand-baskets (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-breadth (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Hand-breadths (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Hand-carried (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Hand-drum (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-drums (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-loom (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mill (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Hand-mills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mirrors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-picked (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-sawed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-staves (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hand-to-hand (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handbags (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Handcuffs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handed (232 instances in 12 translations)
- Handful (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Handfuls (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Handicaps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handing (27 instances in 5 translations)
- Handiwork (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Handiworks (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Handkerchief (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Handkerchiefs (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Handle (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Handled (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Handler (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handlers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handles (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Handleth (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handling (12 instances in 10 translations)
- Handmade (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handmaiden (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handmaidens (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Handmaids (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Handouts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handsome (22 instances in 8 translations)
- Handsomely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handspikes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwork (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handworker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwriting (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Handywork (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Angels Hands
- Christ's Hands
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Diseased Hands
- Given Into One's Hands
- God's Hands In Opposition
- God's Hands On People
- God's Hands Stretched Out
- Hands On Heads
- Idle Hands
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Laying On Hands For Evil
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Laying On Hands To Commission
- Laying On Hands To Heal