'Hands' in the Bible
Jerusalem [earnestly] remembers in the days of her affliction, in the days of her [compulsory] wanderings and her bitterness, all the pleasant and precious things that she had from the days of old. When her people fell into and at the hands of the adversary, and there was none to help her, the enemy [gloated as they] looked at her, and they mocked at her desolations and downfall.
The adversary seized in his hands everything she valued. She watched the nations enter her sanctuary; those you forbade to enter your place of meeting.
A watch is kept on my sins; they are joined together by his hand, they have come on to my neck; he has made my strength give way: the Lord has given me up into the hands of those against whom I have no power.
Zion spreadeth forth her hands; there is none to comfort her; Jehovah hath commanded concerning Jacob, that they that are round about him should be his adversaries: Jerusalem is among them as an unclean thing.
The Lord has given up his altar and has been turned in hate from his holy place; he has given up into the hands of the attacker the walls of her great houses: their voices have been loud in the house of the Lord as in the day of a holy meeting.
All that pass by clap their hands at thee; They hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem,'saying , Is this the city that men called The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth?
Arise, cry aloud in the night, At the beginning of the watches. Pour out as water thy heart, Over against the face of the Lord, Lift up unto Him thy hands, for the soul of thine infants, Who are feeble with hunger at the head of all out-places.
See, O Jehovah, and behold to whom thou hast done thus! Shall the women eat their fruit, the children that are dandled in the hands? Shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?
We lift up our heart on the hands unto God in the heavens.
Thou returnest to them the deed, O Jehovah, According to the work of their hands.
Beth The sons of Zion, precious and esteemed more than pure gold, how are they taken for earthen vessels, the work of the hands of the potter!
And greater is the iniquity of the daughter of my people, Than the sin of Sodom, That was overturned as in a moment, And no hands were stayed on her.
Jod The hands of the compassionate women have cooked their own children; they were their food in the destruction of the daughter of my people.
We have given our hands to the Egyptians and to the Assyrians so that we might have enough bread.
Servants are ruling over us, and there is no one to make us free from their hands.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (35)
- Exodus (34)
- Leviticus (26)
- Numbers (19)
- Deuteronomy (56)
- Joshua (24)
- Judges (62)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (54)
- 2 Samuel (27)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (41)
- 1 Chronicles (18)
- 2 Chronicles (46)
- Ezra (13)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (9)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (85)
- Proverbs (27)
- Ecclesiastes (14)
- Song of Songs (5)
- Isaiah (51)
- Jeremiah (82)
- Lamentations (16)
- Ezekiel (44)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (6)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (8)
- Malachi (4)
- Hand (1873 instances in 14 translations)
- Hand's (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Hand-baskets (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-breadth (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Hand-breadths (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Hand-carried (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Hand-drum (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-drums (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-loom (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mill (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Hand-mills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mirrors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-picked (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-sawed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-staves (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hand-to-hand (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handbags (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Handcuffs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handed (232 instances in 12 translations)
- Handful (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Handfuls (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Handicaps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handing (27 instances in 5 translations)
- Handiwork (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Handiworks (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Handkerchief (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Handkerchiefs (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Handle (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Handled (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Handler (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handlers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handles (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Handleth (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handling (12 instances in 10 translations)
- Handmade (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handmaiden (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handmaidens (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Handmaids (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Handouts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handsome (22 instances in 8 translations)
- Handsomely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handspikes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwork (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handworker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwriting (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Handywork (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Angels Hands
- Christ's Hands
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Diseased Hands
- Given Into One's Hands
- God's Hands In Opposition
- God's Hands On People
- God's Hands Stretched Out
- Hands On Heads
- Idle Hands
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Laying On Hands For Evil
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Laying On Hands To Commission
- Laying On Hands To Heal