'Hands' in the Bible
And the king of Israel said, Here is trouble: for the Lord has got these three kings together to give them into the hands of Moab.
But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD, that we may inquire of the LORD by him? And one of the king of Israel's servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
But Elisha said to the king of Israel, What have I to do with you? go to the prophets of your father and your mother. And the king of Israel said, No; for the Lord has got these three kings together to give them up into the hands of Moab.
This is but a light thing in the sight of the Lord. He will deliver the Moabites also into your hands.
And when she came to where the man of God was on the hill, she put her hands round his feet; and Gehazi came near with the purpose of pushing her away; but the man of God said, Let her be, for her soul is bitter in her; and the Lord has kept it secret from me, and has not given me word of it.
And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
But Naaman became angry and he went and said, "Look, I said to myself, 'Surely he will come out, stand, call upon the name of Yahweh his God, and wave his hands over the spot; then he would take away the skin disease.'
But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the LORD liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him.
When he came to the hill, he took them from their hands and put them in the house; and he sent the men away, and they left.
Then the king, hearing what the woman said, took his robes in his hands, violently parting them; and, while he was walking on the wall, the people, looking, saw that under his robe he had haircloth on his flesh.
You shall strike down the house of Ahab your master, that I may avenge the blood of My servants the prophets and of all the servants of the Lord [who have died] at the hands of Jezebel.
And Joram turned his hands, and fled, and said to Ahaziah, There is treachery, O Ahaziah.
And they went to bury her: but they found no more of her than the skull, and the feet, and the palms of her hands.
And when they went in to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings, Jehu appointed fourscore men without, and said, If any of the men whom I have brought into your hands escape, he that letteth him go, his life shall be for the life of him.
And he brought forth the king's son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king.
And they laid hands on her; and she went by the way by the which the horses came into the king's house: and there was she slain.
Then King Joash called for Jehoiada the priest and the other priests and said to them, Why are you not repairing the [Lord's] house? Do not take any more money from your acquaintances, but turn it all over for the repair of the house. [You are no longer responsible for this work. I will take it into my own hands.]
And they gave the money, being told, into the hands of them that did the work, that had the oversight of the house of the LORD: and they laid it out to the carpenters and builders, that wrought upon the house of the LORD,
Moreover, they did not require an accounting from the men into whose hands they delivered the money to be paid to the workmen, for they dealt faithfully.
(And the Lord gave Israel a saviour, so that they became free from the hands of the Aramaeans; and the children of Israel were living in their tents as in the past.
And he said to the king of Israel, Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king's hands.
So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria, saying, I am your servant and son. Come up and save me out of the hands of the kings of Syria and of Israel, who are attacking me.
The Lord rejected all the descendants of Israel and afflicted them and delivered them into the hands of spoilers, until He had cast them out of His sight.
But the Lord your God you shall [reverently] fear; then He will deliver you out of the hands of all your enemies.
And do not let Hezekiah make you put your faith in the Lord, saying, The Lord will certainly keep us safe, and this town will not be given into the hands of the king of Assyria.
Has any one of the gods of the nations kept his land from falling into the hands of the king of Assyria?
Where are the gods of Hamath and of Arpad? where are the gods of Sepharvaim, of Hena and Ivvah? have they kept Samaria out of my hands?
Who among all the gods of these countries have kept their country from falling into my hands, to give cause for the thought that the Lord will keep Jerusalem from falling into my hands?
This is what you are to say to Hezekiah, king of Judah: Let not your God, in whom is your faith, give you a false hope, saying, Jerusalem will not be given into the hands of the king of Assyria.
And Hezekiah took the letter from the hands of those who had come with it; and after reading it, Hezekiah went up to the house of the Lord, opening the letter there before the Lord.
And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.
But now, O Lord our God, give us salvation from his hands, so that it may be clear to all the kingdoms of the earth that you and only you, O Lord, are God.
Therefore their inhabitants' hands were too short; dismayed and confounded, they shall be as the grass of the field and as the green herb, as the hay on the housetops, that is dried up before it comes to maturity.
I will give you fifteen more years of life; and I will keep you and this town safe from the hands of the king of Assyria; I will keep this town safe, for my honour, and for the honour of my servant David.
And I will cast off the rest of My inheritance and deliver them into the hands of their enemies; and they shall become a prey and a spoil to all their enemies,
It is to be put into the hands of those doing the work-those who oversee the Lord's temple. They [in turn] are to give it to the workmen in the Lord's temple to repair the damage.
But no accounting is to be required from them for the money put into their hands since they work with integrity."
And Shaphan the scribe came to the king and reported to him: Your servants have gathered the money that was found in the house and have delivered it into the hands of the workmen who have oversight of the house of the Lord.
And the king, hearing the words of the book of the law, took his robe in his hands, violently parting it as a sign of his grief;
Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
And they slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes and put out the eyes of Zedekiah and bound him in double fetters [hands and feet] and carried him to Babylon. [Foretold in Jer. 34:3; Ezek. 12:13.]
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (35)
- Exodus (34)
- Leviticus (26)
- Numbers (19)
- Deuteronomy (56)
- Joshua (24)
- Judges (62)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (54)
- 2 Samuel (27)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (41)
- 1 Chronicles (18)
- 2 Chronicles (46)
- Ezra (13)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (9)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (85)
- Proverbs (27)
- Ecclesiastes (14)
- Song of Songs (5)
- Isaiah (51)
- Jeremiah (82)
- Lamentations (16)
- Ezekiel (44)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (6)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (8)
- Malachi (4)
- Hand (1873 instances in 14 translations)
- Hand's (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Hand-baskets (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-breadth (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Hand-breadths (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Hand-carried (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Hand-drum (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-drums (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-loom (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mill (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Hand-mills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mirrors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-picked (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-sawed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-staves (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hand-to-hand (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handbags (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Handcuffs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handed (232 instances in 12 translations)
- Handful (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Handfuls (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Handicaps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handing (27 instances in 5 translations)
- Handiwork (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Handiworks (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Handkerchief (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Handkerchiefs (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Handle (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Handled (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Handler (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handlers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handles (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Handleth (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handling (12 instances in 10 translations)
- Handmade (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handmaiden (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handmaidens (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Handmaids (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Handouts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handsome (22 instances in 8 translations)
- Handsomely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handspikes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwork (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handworker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwriting (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Handywork (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Angels Hands
- Christ's Hands
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Diseased Hands
- Given Into One's Hands
- God's Hands In Opposition
- God's Hands On People
- God's Hands Stretched Out
- God's Things Concealed
- Hands On Heads
- Idle Hands
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Laying On Hands For Evil
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Laying On Hands To Commission
- Laying On Hands To Heal
- Laying On Of Hands
- Left Hands
- Lifting Hands
- Not Given Into One's Hands
- Shaking Hands
- Those God Gave Into Their Hands
- To Be Given Into One's Hands