'Painted' in the Bible
Ye shall make no idols for yourselves nor graven image, neither shall you raise up a title, neither shall ye place any painted stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I AM your God.
And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.
That saith, I will build me a wide house and large chambers, and cutteth him out windows; and it is cieled with cedar, and painted with vermilion.
So I went in and saw there pictures of every form of creeping things and loathsome beasts and all the idols of the house of Israel, painted round about on the wall.
and that she increased her whoredoms, for when she saw men painted upon the wall, the images of the Chaldeans painted in colour,
girded with girdles upon their loins, and mitres painted upon their heads, all of them looking like princes, after the manner of the men of Babylon, born in the land of the Chaldeans,
"In addition, they sent for men who came from far away when a messenger was dispatched to them. And look how they came! You bathed, painted your eyes, and adorned yourself with jewelry for them.
- Pain (211 instances in 14 translations)
- Pain-filled (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Pained (49 instances in 12 translations)
- Paineth (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Painful (43 instances in 13 translations)
- Painfully (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Painfulness (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Paining (3 instances in 1 translation)