'Port' in the Bible
Zebulun shall dwell at the port of the sea; and he shall be for a port of ships; and his border shall be unto Zidon.
My servants will transport them from Lebanon to the sea, where we'll make them into rafts and float them by sea to the port that you tell me to send them. We'll have them prepared for transport there and then you can carry them from there. You can meet my needs by providing provisions for my household."
Along with Hiram's fleet, the king had a fleet of large merchant ships that sailed the sea. Once every three years the fleet came into port with cargoes of gold, silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks.
The king had a fleet of large merchant ships manned by Huram's men that sailed the sea. Once every three years the fleet came into port with cargoes of gold, silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks.
And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.
Here is a message about Tyre: Wail, you large ships, for the port is too devastated to enter! From the land of Cyprus this news is announced to them.
So then, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from [that port] they sailed away to Cyprus.
And we sailed from there and came the next day over against Chios, and the next day we arrived in port at Samos; and having rested in Trogyllium, the next day we came to Miletus.
After we sighted Cyprus and left it behind on our port side, we sailed on to Syria and put in at Tyre, because the ship was to unload its cargo there.
- Portable (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Portal (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Portals (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Portent (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Portents (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Porter (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Porteress (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Porters (37 instances in 8 translations)
- Portha (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Portico (41 instances in 7 translations)
- Porticoes (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Porticos (14 instances in 3 translations)
- Portion (275 instances in 13 translations)
- Portioned (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Portions (66 instances in 13 translations)
- Portray (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Portrayed (3 instances in 11 translations)
- Portress (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Ports (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Port (10 instances)