'Relation' in the Bible
And Naomi had a relation of her husband's, a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech, and his name was Boaz.
And Naomi saith to her daughter-in-law, 'Blessed is he of Jehovah who hath not forsaken His kindness with the living and with the dead;' and Naomi saith to her, 'The man is a relation of ours; he is of our redeemers.'
And now, is there not Boaz, our relation, with whose young women you were? See, tonight he is separating the grain from the waste in his grain-floor.
And he said, Who are you? And she answering said, I am your servant Ruth: take your servant as wife, for you are a near relation.
Now it is true that I am a near relation: but there is a relation nearer than I.
Take your rest here tonight; and in the morning, if he will do for you what it is right for a relation to do, very well, let him do so: but if he will not, then by the living Lord I myself will do so.
And Boaz went up to the public place of the town, and took his seat there: and the near relation of whom he had been talking came by; and Boaz, crying out to him by name, said, Come and be seated here. And he came and was seated.
Then he said to the near relation, Naomi, who has come back from the country of Moab, is offering for a price that bit of land which was our brother Elimelech's:
And it was in my mind to give you the chance of taking it, with the approval of those seated here and of the responsible men of my people. If you are ready to do what it is right for a relation to do, then do it: but if you will not do it, say so to me now; for there is no one who has the right to do it but you, and after you myself. And he said, I will do it.
And the near relation said, I am not able to do the relation's part, for fear of damaging the heritage I have: you may do it in my place, for I am not able to do it myself.
Now, in earlier times this was the way in Israel when property was taken over by a near relation, or when there was a change of owner. To make the exchange certain one man took off his shoe and gave it to the other; and this was a witness in Israel.
So the near relation said to Boaz, Take it for yourself. And he took off his shoe.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Relapse (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Relapsed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Relate (22 instances in 7 translations)
- Related (94 instances in 10 translations)
- Relating (25 instances in 9 translations)
- Relation's (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Relations (149 instances in 11 translations)
- Relationship (31 instances in 6 translations)
- Relationships (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Relative (72 instances in 9 translations)
- Relatively (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Relatives (248 instances in 10 translations)
- Relax (18 instances in 7 translations)
- Relaxation (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Relaxed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Relaxes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Relaxing (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Relayed (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Relays (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Affinity (4 instances)
- Alliance (19 instances)
- Analogy (1 instance)
- Association (3 instances)
- Bearing (163 instances)
- Concern (59 instances)
- Connection (76 instances)
- Copulation (11 instances)
- Intercourse (56 instances)
- Interest (57 instances)
- Abusive Relationships
- Adam's Relationship With Eve
- Age Differences In Relationships
- Bad Relationships
- Being In A Relationship
- Christ's Relationship To God
- Covenant Relationships
- Faithfulness, In Human Relationships
- Family, Showing God's Relationship
- Forbidden Sexual Relationships
- God In Relation To Man
- Grace, In Human Relationships
- Iniquity, Believer's Relation To
- Iniquity, Christ's Relation To
- Jesus Christ, Relation To Father
- Love, In Relationships
- Man's Relation To God
- Man's Relationship With His Creator
- Prayer, As A Relationship With God
- Relation Of Animals To Man
- Relations With Foreigners
- Relationship Of Father And Son
- Relationship Of Men And Women
- Relationships To This Day
- Sexual Relationships
- Unchanging Relationships