'Seven' in the Bible
And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years.
And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Take thy father's young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it:
and captureth a young man of the men of Succoth, and asketh him, and he describeth unto him the heads of Succoth, and its elders -- seventy and seven men.
And the weight of the golden earrings that he requested was a thousand and seven hundred shekels of gold; beside ornaments, and collars, and purple raiment that was on the kings of Midian, and beside the chains that were about their camels' necks.
And he had thirty sons, and thirty daughters, whom he sent abroad, and took in thirty daughters from abroad for his sons. And he judged Israel seven years.
And Samson said unto them, I will now put forth a riddle unto you: if ye can certainly declare it me within the seven days of the feast, and find it out, then I will give you thirty sheets and thirty change of garments:
And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.
And Samson said unto her, If they bind me with seven green withs that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.
Then the lords of the Philistines brought up to her seven green withs which had not been dried, and she bound him with them.
And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.
So Delilah took the seven locks on his head and wove them into the loom while he slept. She fastened his hair with a peg and then told him, "The Philistines are attacking you, Samson!" But he woke up from his nap and pulled the pin from the loom and the weaving.
And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.
And the children of Benjamin were numbered at that time out of the cities twenty and six thousand men that drew sword, beside the inhabitants of Gibeah, which were numbered seven hundred chosen men.
Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (52)
- Exodus (23)
- Leviticus (43)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (11)
- Joshua (9)
- Judges (14)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (8)
- 2 Samuel (8)
- 1 Kings (17)
- 2 Kings (12)
- 1 Chronicles (20)
- 2 Chronicles (19)
- Ezra (12)
- Nehemiah (12)
- Esther (7)
- Job (6)
- Psalm (3)
- Proverbs (6)
- Ecclesiastes (1)
- Isaiah (3)
- Jeremiah (7)
- Ezekiel (19)
- Daniel (8)
- Hosea (1)
- Amos (1)
- Micah (1)
- Zechariah (5)
- Eighty-seven (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Fifty-seven (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Forty-seven (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Seven-and-a-half (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Seven-day (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Seven-fold (15 instances in 11 translations)
- Seven-headed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sevens (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Seventeen (15 instances in 12 translations)
- Seventeen-year-old (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Seventeenth (6 instances in 13 translations)
- Seventh (127 instances in 14 translations)
- Seventy (104 instances in 14 translations)
- Seventy-first (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Seventy-five (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Seventy-four (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Seventy-seven (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Seventy-seven-fold (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Seventy-six (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Seventy-three (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Seventy-two (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Sixty-seven (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Thirty-seven (11 instances in 7 translations)
- Thirty-seventh (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Twenty-seven (11 instances in 7 translations)
- Twenty-seventh (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Seven Animals
- Seven Body Parts
- Seven Children
- Seven Days
- Seven Days For Legal Purposes
- Seven Lights
- Seven Mountains
- Seven People
- Seven Spirits
- Seven Things
- Seven Thousand
- Seven Times
- Seven To Nine Hundred
- Seven Trumpets
- Seven Years