'Stain' in the Bible
Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
Then can you lift up your face to Him without stain [of sin, and unashamed]; yes, you shall be steadfast and secure; you shall not fear.
The LORD of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth.
I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.
Though you wash yourself with lye and use much soap, the stain of your guilt is still before me," declares the Lord GOD.
You will become fuel for the fire -- your blood will stain the middle of the land; you will no longer be remembered, for I, the Lord, have spoken.'"
And all this describes what some of you were. But now you have had every stain washed off: now you have been set apart as holy: now you have been pronounced free from guilt; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and through the Spirit of our God.
so that he may present the church to himself as glorious -- not having a stain or wrinkle, or any such blemish, but holy and blameless.
that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Abstain (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Abstained (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Abstaineth (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Abstaining (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Abstains (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Blood-stained (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Bloodstains (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Crimson-stained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-stained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Stained (18 instances in 9 translations)
- Staining (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Stainless (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Stainlessly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Stains (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Sustain (46 instances in 12 translations)
- Sustained (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Sustainer (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Sustaineth (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Sustaining (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Sustains (15 instances in 7 translations)
- Unstained (4 instances in 8 translations)