'Sucking' in the Bible
Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers?
From without the sword shall bereave, and in the chambers shall be terror, destroying both young man and virgin, the sucking child with the man of gray hairs.
And Samuel took a sucking lamb, and offered it for a burnt offering wholly unto the LORD: and Samuel cried unto the LORD for Israel; and the LORD heard him.
Who doth make thee as a brother to me, Sucking the breasts of my mother? I find thee without, I kiss thee, Yea, they do not despise me,
And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
- Suck (21 instances in 12 translations)
- Sucked (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Suckers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Suckest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sucketh (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sucking-lamb (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Suckle (4 instances in 2 translations)