'Right' in the Bible
My son, if sinners would take you out of the right way, do not go with them.
He hides away sound and godly Wisdom and stores it for the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with Him); He is a shield to those who walk uprightly and in integrity,
He keeps watch on the ways which are right, and takes care of those who have the fear of him.
Then you will understand what is right, just, and upright every good path.
[from] those who abandon the right paths to walk in ways of darkness,
So may you walk in the way of good men, and keep to the paths of the [consistently] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God).
think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
Do not keep back good from those who have a right to it, when it is in the power of your hand to do it.
For the perverse are an abomination [extremely disgusting and detestable] to the Lord; but His confidential communion and secret counsel are with the [uncompromisingly] righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with Him).
I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
He will come to his end for need of teaching; he is so foolish that he will go wandering from the right way.
Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
All the words of my mouth are righteous (upright and in right standing with God); there is nothing contrary to truth or crooked in them.
They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
Through me kings have their power, and rulers give right decisions.
Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness (uprightness in every area and relation, and right standing with God).
I go in the road of righteousness, in the way of right judging:
Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser; teach a righteous man (one upright and in right standing with God) and he will increase in learning.
To call passengers who go right on their ways:
Drink taken without right is sweet, and food in secret is pleasing.
Blessings are upon the head of the [uncompromisingly] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God) but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.
The earnings of the righteous (the upright, in right standing with God) lead to life, but the profit of the wicked leads to further sin.
The tongues of those who are upright and in right standing with God are as choice silver; the minds of those who are wicked and out of harmony with God are of little value.
The hope of the [uncompromisingly] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God) is gladness, but the expectation of the wicked (those who are out of harmony with God) comes to nothing.
Riches provide no security in any day of wrath and judgment, but righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God) delivers from death.
The righteousness of the perfect maketh right his way, And by his wickedness doth the wicked fall.
He who is steadfast in righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God) attains to life, but he who pursues evil does it to his own death.
One person gives freely, yet gains more; another withholds what is right, only to become poor.
The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Whoever speaks the truth declares what is right, but a false witness, deceit.
Evil pursues sinners, but the consistently upright and in right standing with God is recompensed with good.
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Uprightness and right standing with God (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation) elevate a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.
The lips of the wise scatter knowledge, And the heart of fools is not right.
A person has joy in giving an appropriate answer, and a word at the right time -- how good it is!
The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the [consistently] righteous (the upright, in right standing with Him).
All a man's ways seem right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the motives.
Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.
He who gives attention to the law of right will get good; and whoever puts his faith in the Lord is happy.
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the [consistently] righteous man [upright and in right standing with God] runs into it and is safe, high [above evil] and strong.
The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.
Further, without knowledge desire is not good; and he who is over-quick in acting goes out of the right way.
Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
The devastation of the wicked sweepeth them away, because they refuse to do what is right.
The way of man is froward and strange: but as for the pure, his work is right.
It is joy to a righteous man to do what is right; but it is ruin for the workers of iniquity.
He who earnestly seeks after and craves righteousness, mercy, and loving-kindness will find life in addition to righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God) and honor.
A shrewd person sees danger and hides himself, but the naive keep right on going and suffer for it.
If a child is trained up in the right way, even when he is old he will not be turned away from it.
[In order] to show you what is right--sayings of truth-- [in order] to return a true saying to him who sent you.
If you do not have enough to pay, your bed will be taken right out from under you!
Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.
Listen, my son, and be wise; keep your mind on the right course.
The father of the [uncompromisingly] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God) shall greatly rejoice, and he who becomes the father of a wise child shall have joy in him.
Lie not in wait as a wicked man against the dwelling of the [uncompromisingly] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God); destroy not his resting-place;
Whoever says to the wicked, "You're in the right," will be cursed by people and hated by nations.
Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.
A word spoken at the right time is like golden apples on a silver tray.
A shrewd person sees danger and hides himself, but the naive keep right on going and suffer for it.
Whosoever hideth her hideth the wind, and the ointment of his right hand, which bewrayeth itself.
By the transgression of a land many are its heads. And by an intelligent man, Who knoweth right -- it is prolonged.
Evil men have no knowledge of what is right; but those who go after the Lord have knowledge of all things.
Better a poor man who lives with integrity than a rich man who distorts right and wrong.
The one who lives with integrity will be helped, but one who distorts right and wrong will suddenly fall.
He who takes from his father or his mother what is theirs by right, and says, It is no sin; is the same as a taker of life.
A king, by right rule, makes the land safe; but one full of desires makes it a waste.
Many seek the ruler's face; but a man's right judgment is from Jehovah.
Open thy mouth for the dumb, For the right of all sons of change.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (51)
- Exodus (29)
- Leviticus (29)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (38)
- Joshua (23)
- Judges (40)
- Ruth (11)
- 1 Samuel (39)
- 2 Samuel (50)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (48)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (42)
- Ezra (8)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (6)
- Job (64)
- Psalm (137)
- Proverbs (77)
- Ecclesiastes (15)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (80)
- Jeremiah (57)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (71)
- Daniel (11)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (9)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (8)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (4)
- Matthew (57)
- Mark (39)
- Luke (55)
- John (28)
- Acts (40)
- Romans (50)
- 1 Corinthians (46)
- 2 Corinthians (17)
- Galatians (17)
- Ephesians (12)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (6)
- 1 Timothy (20)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (13)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (14)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (6)
- 3 John (4)
- Revelation (25)
- Affright (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Affrighted (39 instances in 5 translations)
- Affrighteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Alright (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Birthright (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Bright (116 instances in 14 translations)
- Brighten (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightened (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightening (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Brightens (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Brighter (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Brightest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Brightly (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brightness (48 instances in 13 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Fright (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Frighten (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Frightened (81 instances in 11 translations)
- Frighteneth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frightening (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Frightens (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frightful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Makeupright (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Outright (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Over-righteous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-hand (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Right-handed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Righted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Righteous (474 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteously (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteousness (471 instances in 14 translations)
- Righteousnesses (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Rightful (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightfully (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightly (54 instances in 14 translations)
- Rightness (31 instances in 1 translation)
- Rights (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Shipwrights (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unrighteous (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteously (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Unrighteousness (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteousnesses (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Upright (444 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Uprightly (40 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightness (98 instances in 13 translations)
- Uprights (20 instances in 3 translations)
- A Righteous People
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Animal Rights
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Christ's Right Hand
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Death Of The Righteous
- Delighting, Right Kinds Of
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Doing Right
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Folly, Effects Of
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God Does Right For People
- God Doing Right
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Ways
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Judging Rightly
- Knowing Right And Wrong
- Learning The Right Way
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Other Right Parts
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- People Who Did Right
- Right Desires
- Right Hand Of God
- Right Living As Food
- Right Measures
- Right Sacrifices
- Right Sides
- Right Time For God
- Right Time For People
- Right Time For The Devil
- Right Use Of Wealth
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Sin Produces Death
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Right Time
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- Thinking Aright
- Those Frightened Of God
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Turning To Right And Left
- Twisted Ways
- White And Bright Clothes
- Wisdom, Human Importance
- Ethics, social