'Right' in the Bible
it has seemed right to me also, after careful investigation of the facts from their commencement, to write for you, most noble Theophilus, a connected account,
And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
And he will [himself] go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn back the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient and incredulous and unpersuadable to the wisdom of the upright [which is the knowledge and holy love of the will of God] -- "in order to make ready for the Lord a people [perfectly] prepared [in spirit, adjusted and disposed and placed in the right moral state].
Now, see, you will be without voice or language till the day when these things come about, because you had not faith in my words, which will have effect at the right time.
In holiness (divine consecration) and righteousness [in accordance with the everlasting principles of right] within His presence all the days of our lives.
And he said to them, Why were you looking for me? was it not clear to you that my right place was in my Father's house?
And he said to them, Do not make an attempt to get more money than the right amount.
And men of the army put questions to him, saying, And what have we to do? And he said to them, Do no violent acts to any man, and do not take anything without right, and let your payment be enough for you.
But He passed right through the crowd and went on His way.
When they couldn't find a way to get him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down on his stretcher through the tiles into the middle of the room, right in front of Jesus.
But that you may know that the Son of Man has the [ power of] authority and right on earth to forgive sins, He said to the paralyzed man, I say to you, arise, pick up your litter (stretcher), and go to your own house!
Then they told him, "John's disciples frequently fast and pray, and so do those of the Pharisees. But your disciples keep right on eating and drinking."
But some of the Pharisees said, Why do you do what it is not right to do on the Sabbath?
And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
Then Jesus said to them, I ask you, is it lawful and right on the Sabbath to do good [ so that someone derives advantage from it] or to do evil, to save a life [and make a soul safe] or to destroy it?
It is right for you to do this for him, because he is a friend to our nation, and himself has put up a Synagogue for us.
But wisdom is judged to be right by all her children.
Simon, in answer, said, It seems he whose debt was greater. And he said, Your decision is right.
But as for that in the good ground, it means those who, having listened to the Message with open minds and in a right spirit, hold it fast, and patiently yield a return.
Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
And keep in that same house, taking what food and drink they give you: for the worker has a right to his reward. Do not go from house to house.
And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
But he, desiring to put himself in the right, said to Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
but one thing is necessary. Mary has made the right choice, and it will not be taken away from her."
But a curse is on you, Pharisees! for you make men give a tenth of every sort of plant, and give no thought to right and the love of God; but it is right for you to do these things, and not let the others be undone.
The Lord said, "Who, then, is the faithful and careful servant manager whom his master will put in charge of giving all his other servants their share of food at the right time?
He also said to the crowds: "When you see a cloud rising in the west, right away you say, 'A storm is coming,' and so it does.
Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?
And is it not right for this daughter of Abraham, who has been in the power of Satan for eighteen years, to be made free on the Sabbath?
But I have to go on my way today and tomorrow and the third day, for it is not right for a prophet to come to his death outside Jerusalem.
There right in front of him was a man suffering from dropsy.
And Jesus asked the lawyers and the Pharisees, Is it lawful and right to cure on the Sabbath or not?
But it was right to make merry and rejoice, because this thy brother was dead and has come to life again, and was lost and has been found.
And he said, You take care to seem right in the eyes of men, but God sees your hearts: and those things which are important in the opinion of men, are evil in the eyes of God.
People were eating, drinking, marrying, and being given in marriage right up to the day when Noah went into the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed all of them.
And there was a widow in that town, and she kept on coming to him and saying, Give me my right against the man who has done me wrong.
Because this widow is a trouble to me, I will give her her right; for if not, I will be completely tired out by her frequent coming.
And will not God do right in the cause of his saints, whose cries come day and night to his ears, though he is long in doing it?
I say to you that he will quickly do right in their cause. But when the Son of man comes, will there be any faith on earth?
He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves and were confident that they were righteous [that they were upright and in right standing with God] and scorned and made nothing of all the rest of men:
The Pharisee, taking up his position, said to himself these words: God, I give you praise because I am not like other men, who take more than their right, who are evil-doers, who are untrue to their wives, or even like this tax-farmer.
I tell you, this man went down to his home justified (forgiven and made upright and in right standing with God), rather than the other man; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.
As they were listening to this, He went on to tell a parable because He was near Jerusalem, and they thought the kingdom of God was going to appear right away.
At the right time he sent a servant to the farmers in order to get his share of the produce of the vineyard. But the farmers beat him and sent him back empty-handed.
When the scribes and the high priests realized that Jesus had told this parable about them, they wanted to arrest him right then, but they were afraid of the crowd.
so they asked him, "Teacher, we know that you're right in what you say and teach, and that you don't favor any individual, but teach the way of God truthfully.
Is it right for us to pay the tribute tax to Caesar or not?"
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
When you hear of wars and rebellions, don't be alarmed. Indeed, these things must take place first, but the end won't come right away."
And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
And with reason; for we have the right reward of our acts, but this man has done nothing wrong.
Now notice, there was a man named Joseph from the Jewish town of Arimathea. He was a member of the council (the Sanhedrin), and a good (upright, advantageous) man, and righteous (in right standing with God and man),
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (51)
- Exodus (29)
- Leviticus (29)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (38)
- Joshua (23)
- Judges (40)
- Ruth (11)
- 1 Samuel (39)
- 2 Samuel (50)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (48)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (42)
- Ezra (8)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (6)
- Job (64)
- Psalm (137)
- Proverbs (77)
- Ecclesiastes (15)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (80)
- Jeremiah (57)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (71)
- Daniel (11)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (9)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (8)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (4)
- Matthew (57)
- Mark (39)
- Luke (55)
- John (28)
- Acts (40)
- Romans (50)
- 1 Corinthians (46)
- 2 Corinthians (17)
- Galatians (17)
- Ephesians (12)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (6)
- 1 Timothy (20)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (13)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (14)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (6)
- 3 John (4)
- Revelation (25)
- Affright (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Affrighted (39 instances in 5 translations)
- Affrighteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Alright (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Birthright (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Bright (116 instances in 14 translations)
- Brighten (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightened (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightening (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Brightens (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Brighter (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Brightest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Brightly (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brightness (48 instances in 13 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Fright (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Frighten (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Frightened (81 instances in 11 translations)
- Frighteneth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frightening (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Frightens (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frightful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Makeupright (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Outright (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Over-righteous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-hand (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Right-handed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Righted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Righteous (474 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteously (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteousness (471 instances in 14 translations)
- Righteousnesses (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Rightful (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightfully (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightly (54 instances in 14 translations)
- Rightness (31 instances in 1 translation)
- Rights (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Shipwrights (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unrighteous (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteously (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Unrighteousness (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteousnesses (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Upright (444 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Uprightly (40 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightness (98 instances in 13 translations)
- Uprights (20 instances in 3 translations)
- A Righteous People
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Animal Rights
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Christ's Right Hand
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Death Of The Righteous
- Delighting, Right Kinds Of
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Doing Right
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God Does Right For People
- God Doing Right
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Judging Rightly
- Knowing Right And Wrong
- Learning The Right Way
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Other Right Parts
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- People Who Did Right
- Right Desires
- Right Hand Of God
- Right Living As Food
- Right Measures
- Right Sacrifices
- Right Sides
- Right Time For God
- Right Time For People
- Right Time For The Devil
- Right Use Of Wealth
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Right Time
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- Thinking Aright
- Those Frightened Of God
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Turning To Right And Left
- White And Bright Clothes