- All Translations (Parallel)
- NASB New American Standard Bible
- KJV King James Version
- HCSB Holman Bible
- ISV International Standard Version
- YLT Youngs Literal Translation
- Darby Darby Translation
- ASV American Standard Version
- WBS Webster
- NET NET Bible
- AMP Amplified
- J2000 Jubilee 2000 Bible
- LEB Lexham Expanded Bible
- WEB World English Bible
- WE Worldwide English (NT)
- EMB The Emphasized Bible
- BBE Bible in Basic English
- WNT Weymouth New Testament
- KJ2000 King James 2000
- AUV An Understandable Version
- MSTC Modern Spelling Tyndale-Coverdale
- MKJV Modern King James verseion
- JuliaSmith Julia Smith Translation
- Godbey Godbey New Testament
- ACV A Conservative Version
- NHEB New Heart English Bible
- Mace Daniel Mace New Testament
- Wesley John Wesley New Testament
- Worsley Worsley New Testament
- Haweis Thomas Haweis New Testament
- Diaglott Emphatic Diaglott Bible
- LOV Living Oracles New Testament
- Sawyer Sawyer New Testament
- ABU American Bible Union New Testament
- Anderson Anderson New Testament
- Noyes Noyes New Testament
- TCV Twentieth Century New Testament
- Worrell Worrell New Testament
- Moffatt Moffatt New Testament
- Goodspeed Goodspeed New Testament
- MNT Montgomery New Testament
- Williams Williams New Testament
- Common Common New Testament
1 The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south for passing through, from the desert it came, from a fearful land. 2 A hard vision was announced to me: The spoiler spoiled, and he laying waste, laid waste. Go up, O Elam: press, O Media; all her sighing I caused to cease.
3 For this, my loins were filled with pain: distress took hold of me as the pains of her bringing forth: I was shaken from hearing; I trembled from seeing 4 My heart wandered; trembling made me afraid: the evening twilight of my desire he put to me for fear. 5 Set in order the table; view the watch-tower; eat, drink: arise ye chiefs, anoint the shield.
6 For thus said Jehovah to me, Go set up a watchman, he shall announce what he shall see. 7 He will see a chariot, a pair of horse men, the rider of an ass, the rider of a camel; and listening, he listened with much attention. 8 And he will call, A lion: on the watch-tower my lord, I stand continually in the day, and upon my watch I stand all the night 9 And behold, here came a chariot, a man, a pair of horsemen. And he will answer and say, She fell, Babel fell; and the carved images of her god he brake in pieces to the earth.
10 O my threshing, and the son of my threshing-floor, what I heard from Jehovah of armies the God of Israel, I announced to you.
11 The burden of Dumah. He called to me from Seir, Watch, what of the night? watch, what of the night? 12 The watch said, I will mark out morning, and also night; if ye will seek, seek ye: turn back, come.
13 The burden of Arabia. In the forest in Arabia shall ye lodge, ye wayfarers of Dedanim. 14 To meet the thirsty, bring ye water, O inhabitants of the land of Tema: anticipate ye him wandering, with bread. 15 For they fled from the face of the swords, the sword drawn out, and from the face of the bent bow, and from the face of the heaviness of war.