'Drink the Wine' in the Bible
You will plant and cultivate vineyards but not drink the wine or gather [the grapes], because worms will eat them.
Which the fat of their sacrifices do eat, They drink the wine of their libation! Let them arise and help you, Let it be for you a hiding-place!
Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.
For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
But those who harvest the grain will eat it, and will praise the Lord. Those who pick the grapes will drink the wine in the courts of my holy sanctuary."
So I took the cup from the Lord's hand. I made all the nations to whom he sent me drink the wine of his wrath.
I put containers full of wine and cups in front of the members of the Rechabite clan and told them, "Drink the wine!"
And they lay themselves down upon clothes laid to pledge by every altar, and they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.
Forasmuch therefore as ye trample upon the poor, and take exactions from him of wheat: ye have built houses of hewn stone, but ye shall not dwell in them; ye have planted pleasant vineyards, but ye shall not drink the wine thereof.
And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
Thou shalt sow, but shalt not reap; thou shalt tread the olives, but shalt not anoint thee with oil; and the vintage, but shalt not drink the wine.
Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a desolation: they shall also build houses, but not inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, but not drink the wine thereof.
A second angel followed, saying: "It has fallen, Babylon the Great has fallen, who made all nations drink the wine of her sexual immorality, which brings wrath."
he will also drink the wine of God's wrath, which is mixed full strength in the cup of His anger. He will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Bread and Wine (5 instances in 22 translations)
- Cup that I Drink (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Drink at My Table (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Drink His Blood (1 instance in 36 translations)
- Drink into One Spirit (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Drink No Wine (12 instances in 16 translations)
- Drink Offering (71 instances in 19 translations)
- Drink Offerings (51 instances in 15 translations)
- Drink the Cup (10 instances in 34 translations)
- Drink Wine (41 instances in 33 translations)
- Drunk with the Wine (2 instances in 21 translations)
- Drunk with Wine (8 instances in 26 translations)
- Give Me a Drink (9 instances in 19 translations)
- Give Me Water To Drink (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Given to Wine (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Let Us Eat and Drink (2 instances in 35 translations)
- New Wine (54 instances in 38 translations)
- New Wine into Old Wineskins (3 instances in 16 translations)
- Put New Wine Into Old Bottles (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Wine and Oil (18 instances in 24 translations)
- Wine is a Mocker (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Wine To Drink (14 instances in 24 translations)
- Creatures Drinking Blood
- Drink offering
- Drinking No Wine
- Drinking Water
- Drinking Wine
- Drinking, abstention from
- Eating And Drinking
- Eating Drinking And Rejoicing
- Effect Of Wine
- Getting Wine
- Giving Food And Drink
- Love And Wine
- Metaphorical Wine
- Mixed Wine
- Not Drinking Wine
- Not Too Much Wine
- Plenty Of Wine
- Providing Wine
- Quantities Of Wine
- Shortage Of Wine
- Strong Drink