'High Place' in the Bible
And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD; Thus saith the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street.
Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.
In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire;
And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare.
In a mountain -- the high place of Israel, I plant it, And it hath borne boughs, and yielded fruit, And become a goodly cedar, And dwelt under it have all birds of every wing, In the shade of its thin shoots they dwell.
Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name thereof is called Bamah unto this day.
that wrath might rise up to take vengeance; I have set her blood upon the high place of the rock that it should not be covered.
My sheep have gone wandering on all of the mountains, on all of the hills, and throughout every high place in the whole world, with no one to look for them or go out in search of them.
With good pasture I do feed them, And on mountains of the high place of Israel is their habitation, There do they lie down in a good habitation, And fat pastures they enjoy on mountains of Israel.
Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because the enemy hath said against you, Aha, even the ancient high places are ours in possession:
So that the fish of the sea and the birds of heaven and the beasts of the field and everything moving on the earth, and all the men who are on the face of the earth, will be shaking before me, and the mountains will be overturned and the high places will come down, and every wall will come falling down to the earth.
And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (5)
- Deuteronomy (2)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (10)
- 2 Samuel (3)
- 1 Kings (14)
- 2 Kings (22)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (17)
- Esther (1)
- Job (5)
- Psalm (13)
- Proverbs (4)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (18)
- Ezekiel (15)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (4)
- Obadiah (1)
- Micah (3)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Called the Name of the Place (10 instances in 18 translations)
- Deserted Place (19 instances in 12 translations)
- Dwelling Place of the Wicked (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Heaven Your Dwelling Place (5 instances in 2 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- High Priest (193 instances in 38 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- Holy Place (306 instances in 39 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Minister in the Holy Place (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Ministering in the Holy Place (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Most Holy Place (38 instances in 19 translations)
- Name of that Place Was Called (5 instances in 14 translations)
- No Place For Them (3 instances in 20 translations)
- No Place To Lay His Head (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Place The Lord Will Choose (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Place Where the Lord Your God Chooses (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Place Which the Lord Chooses (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Prepare a Place (5 instances in 34 translations)
- Remote Place (12 instances in 6 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Solitary Place (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Your Dwelling Place (29 instances in 13 translations)
- A Place For God's Name
- A Place Prepared
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Another's Burial Place
- Baptism, Places Used
- Bringing People Out Of Other Places
- Burials, Places Of
- Burying places
- Caves As Places Of Refuge
- Christ, The High Priest
- Dry Places
- Empty Places
- Filling Places
- Foreigners In The Holy Places
- God Being Our Hiding Place
- God On High
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Most Holy Place
- Places To This Day
- Polluting Holy Places
- Rivers As Places Of Prayer