'High Place' in the Bible
Lift up thine eyes unto the high places, and see where thou hast not been lien with. In the ways hast thou sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and thou hast polluted the land with thy whoredoms and with thy wickedness.
A voice was heard upon the high places, weeping and supplications of the children of Israel: for they have perverted their way, and they have forgotten the LORD their God.
At that time shall it be said to this people and to Jerusalem, A dry wind of the high places in the wilderness toward the daughter of my people, not to fan, nor to cleanse,
Cut off thine hair, O Jerusalem, and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.
And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.
The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.
And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.
O my mountain in the field, I will give thy substance and all thy treasures to the spoil, and thy high places for sin, throughout all thy borders.
And if ye do not hearken unto me to sanctify the day of rest, And so as not to bear a burden, And to come in at the gates of Jerusalem on the day of rest, Then I have kindled a fire in its gates, And it hath consumed the high places of Jerusalem, And it is not quenched!'
They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:
Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet and put him in the stocks that were at the gate of Benjamin on the high place, which is in the house of the LORD.
And thou, thou dost prophesy unto them all these words, and hast said unto them: Jehovah from the high place doth roar, And from His holy habitation giveth forth His voice, He surely roareth for His habitation, A shout as of treaders down, God answereth all the inhabitants of the land,
Micah the Morasthite prophesied in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and spake to all the people of Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Zion shall be plowed like a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of a forest.
And they have come in, And have sung in the high place of Zion, And flowed unto the goodness of Jehovah, For wheat, and for new wine, and for oil, And for the young of the flock and herd, And their soul hath been as a watered garden, And they add not to grieve any more.
And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
Moreover I will cause to cease in Moab, saith the LORD, him that offereth in the high places, and him that burneth incense to his gods.
Thy terribleness hath lifted thee up, The pride of thy heart, O dweller in clefts of the rock, Holding the high place of the height, For thou makest high as an eagle thy nest, From thence I bring thee down, An affirmation of Jehovah.
Because Babylon goeth up to the heavens, And because it fenceth the high place of its strength, From Me come into it do spoilers, An affirmation of Jehovah.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (5)
- Deuteronomy (2)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (10)
- 2 Samuel (3)
- 1 Kings (14)
- 2 Kings (22)
- 1 Chronicles (3)
- 2 Chronicles (17)
- Esther (1)
- Job (5)
- Psalm (13)
- Proverbs (4)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (18)
- Ezekiel (15)
- Daniel (4)
- Hosea (2)
- Amos (4)
- Obadiah (1)
- Micah (3)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Broke Down the High Places (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Called the Name of the Place (10 instances in 18 translations)
- Deserted Place (19 instances in 12 translations)
- Dwelling Place of the Wicked (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Dwells on High (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Enthroned On High (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- God Most High (15 instances in 25 translations)
- Great High Priest (2 instances in 30 translations)
- Heaven Your Dwelling Place (5 instances in 2 translations)
- High and Lifted Up (7 instances in 16 translations)
- High God (17 instances in 39 translations)
- High Mountain (28 instances in 40 translations)
- High Places (126 instances in 23 translations)
- High Priest (193 instances in 38 translations)
- His Son Reigned in His Place (41 instances in 7 translations)
- Holy Place (306 instances in 39 translations)
- Knowledge From The Most High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Knowledge of the Most High (1 instance in 20 translations)
- Lord Most High (3 instances in 12 translations)
- Majesty on High (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Minister in the Holy Place (3 instances in 14 translations)
- Ministering in the Holy Place (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Most High (74 instances in 39 translations)
- Most High God (16 instances in 39 translations)
- Most Holy Place (38 instances in 19 translations)
- Name of that Place Was Called (5 instances in 14 translations)
- No Place For Them (3 instances in 20 translations)
- No Place To Lay His Head (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Place The Lord Will Choose (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Place Where the Lord Your God Chooses (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Place Which the Lord Chooses (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Power from on High (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Power Of The Most High (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Prepare a Place (5 instances in 34 translations)
- Remote Place (12 instances in 6 translations)
- Seated On High (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Secret Place of the Most High (2 instances in 14 translations)
- Shelter Of The Most High (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Solitary Place (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Your Dwelling Place (29 instances in 13 translations)
- A Place For God's Name
- A Place Prepared
- Aaron, As High Priest
- Another's Burial Place
- Baptism, Places Used
- Bringing People Out Of Other Places
- Burials, Places Of
- Burying places
- Caves As Places Of Refuge
- Christ, The High Priest
- Dry Places
- Empty Places
- Filling Places
- Foreigners In The Holy Places
- God Being Our Hiding Place
- God On High
- High Places
- High Priest, In Nt
- High Priest, In Ot
- Messianic Titles, High Priest
- Most Holy Place
- Places To This Day
- Polluting Holy Places
- Rivers As Places Of Prayer
- Sacred Places
- Sacrificing On The High Places