1. Daughter of Ahimaaz and wife of Saul, 1Sa 14:50.
brother of pleasantness = pleasant.
(1.) The daughter of Ahimaaz, and wife of Saul (1Sa 14:50).
("brother of grace", i.e. "graceful".) Of Jezreel. David's wife; along with Abigail, accompanied him to Achish's court (1Sa 25:43; 27:3). Taken by the Amalekites at Ziklag, but rescued by David (1 Samuel 30). With him when king in Hebron (2Sa 2:2; 3:2). Mother of Amnon. Beauty was David's snare; the children consequently had more of outward than inward grace.
1. Daughter of Ahimaaz and wife of Saul (1Sa 14:50). 2. A Jezreelitess whom David married after Michal had been taken from him. She was the mother of David's firstborn, Amnon (1Sa 25:43; 27:3; 30:5; 2Sa 2:2; 3:2; 1Ch 3:1).
1. Daughter of Ahimaaz and wife of Saul. 1Sa 14:50.
2. David's wife a woman of Jezreel: she accompanied David in his flight from Saul; and, while residing at Ziklag, was taken captive when the city was burned by the Amalekites; but was recovered. 1Sa 25:43; 27:3; 30:5,18. She was with David when he came to the kingdom, and while at Hebron bare to David, Amnon his first-born. 2Sa 2:2; 3:2.;1Ch 3:1.
(brother of grace, i.e. gracious).
1. The daughter of Ahimaaz and wife of Saul.
(B.C. about 1090.)
2. A native of Jezreel who was married to David during his wandering life.
(B.C. 1060.) She lived with him and his other wife Abigail at the court of Achish,
was taken prisoner with her by the Amalekites when they plundered Ziklag,
but was rescued by David.